If I purchase iPad through B&H would Apple store refund me if theres backlight bleed?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, May 20, 2011.

1. bobright macrumors 601

How does it work say I got a new iPad 2 and I went into Apple for a replacement due to backlight bleed and that one was just as bad - would they refund me?

I'm assuming they'd make me get a refund through Vanns/B&H or wherever I originally purchased?

For this reason I may just get from the Apple store instead

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Right. They won't refund you if you bought it somewhere else. You're really better off getting it from the Apple Store anyway. If you get it at a physical store, you can test it right there before you leave.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

The Apple Stores will perform warranty work on any Apple product, regardless of where you bought it. But yeah, if you want your money back, you need to to the company that you gave your money to.

4. viewliners macrumors member

does this apply to physical brich & mortar Apple Stores only?

what if I ordered it directly from Apple's own website?

thanks! :)

5. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

If you order the iPad 2 directly from Apple's own online store, you can return it for a refund at a physical Apple store near you. :)

Good luck. :)

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

Are you sure ? Here in the UK it doesn't work that way. If you order anything from Apple's online store you have to call their customer service. They will give you an RMA number and arrange for a courier to pick up the item(s). It's a lot more hassle then being able to return it to a local Apple store. I'm sure the same applies to Apple online retail world wide.

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

Apple won't give you a refund on Apple products bought from third party retailers. You have to go back to the same retailer. However any Apple hardware under warranty can be taken into a local Apple store for repair or replacement.

8. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

So you're based in the UK. I can't say about the UK, but here in the US, you can do exactly what I had mentioned. :)