If I put 13+ gigs of music on the iphone will there be any lag when using coverflow?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by oZIMo, Aug 7, 2008.

1. oZIMo macrumors newbie

oZIMo

I'm seriously looking in to getting a 16g iphone. I've had all my questions answered except this one. I have about 13.7g's of tunes, all with cover art. Will all that jazz make coverflow on the iphone choppy? This is a big deal to me.

2. sdschwendener macrumors regular

I'm not sure since I don't have a 16 gig iphone... what I can say is that coverflow only loads some artwork in full quality.. at some point all the other art looks semi blurry.

3. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

Not at all, I have a 16GB model myself and its almost filled with music. Coverflow works fine.

4. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

No, there won't be. I've got a 16gb iphone 3g filled with music and movies and i have no issues at all.

5. AlphaBob macrumors regular

AlphaBob

My experience with both my iPod Touch and iPhone is that Coverflow slows down as you add music. A few dozen things and it screams. A few thousand and you can no longer snap it and cause it to flow rapidly.

I have 14+ GB on my Touch (pretty my all the capacity available and it is much slower than it was orignally.