If I redeem an app and delete it. Can I download it for free again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rg2005, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Rg2005 macrumors newbie

2. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

yeah you'll be able to redownload it

3. fontez macrumors newbie

Yes you can as long as the app never gets pulled from the app store. I always make backup's of my itunes library, just to make sure my favorite app doesn't one day disappear.

--fontez

4. Rg2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

I've a few apps on my iPhone that are no longer in the AppStore. Why is it apps disappear? Is it Apple or the App Developers who do this?

6. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

Actually you can still download some apps that aren't in the appstore anymore, not sure if it's still like that but I remember redownloading iDOS (A Dos emulator that was pulled) when the purchased tab first appeared at the announcement of iOS5.

7. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Could be either Apple or developers themselves. Reasons for pulling vary as well: critical bugs, violation of developer guidelines, discontinuation of previous versions due to the release of the next major update, rebranding, etc, etc, etc.

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Either/or. Sometimes Apple makes a developer pull an app, and sometimes the developer pulls the app by choice (ex. VLC)

9. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Note that VLC is not available for redownloading. It has been completely removed from the iOS Applications Store.