if i reserve at apple am i guaranteed a phone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFreak89, Jun 15, 2010.

1. AppleFreak89 macrumors regular

2. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

I ordered for In-Store Pickup. There's a line on the confirmation email that says that it's NOT guaranteed though. Sorry chief.

3. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

Please note that your reservation will be held until close of business on June 24.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. psikey macrumors newbie

Yet I spoke to the Store I'm collecting from this morning and they said there will be one reserved with my Name/Account details on it but would be available for them to sell following day if I didn't collect on the 24th.

6. markel253 macrumors regular

I am guessing that the line stating that pre-authorization does not guarantee a phone is just legalese to protect them from the unexpected occurring.

For all practical purposes, if you reserved a phone, and show up on launch day - it will be there with your name on it ready for you.

7. ce242 macrumors newbie

Apple store said the same thing to me. My iPhone will not be sold to another person until the following day, so I'm safe to wait until after work to go pick it up.

8. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

what's the point of reserving something if it's not guaranteed to be there? haha. don't worry guys our phones will be there

9. mike1123 macrumors 6502

mike1123

10. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

pretty much...

11. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

no, you don't have to pay anything up front. the only inconvenience really is having to go on-site to get your phone

Be sure to bring these items with you:
    • A valid, government-issued photo ID
    • Your Social Security number
    • A debit or credit card

12. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Pre-authorization is not the same as pre-ordering. We went through this BS last year. If you reserved a phone, you have one at the store that is kept in the back with your name on it. They will hold it for you until the close of business on the 24th. If you don't pick it up by then you're SOL. I did this last year and didn't make it to my Apple store until about 7 PM and my phone was still there, even though general sales of the black 32 GB 3GS were already sold out.