If I update my iPad to 4.3.2 will I be able to jailbreak it?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by rockinmorockin, Apr 20, 2011.

1. rockinmorockin macrumors member

once the jailbreak is out...it's currently on 4.3.1.

would updating it be okay?

2. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

3. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

If you're using the original iPad then you can use Redsn0w to jailbreak.

4. rockinmorockin thread starter macrumors member

5. Zermelo macrumors regular

If you read around, then you would know there is NO jailbreak currently released for the iPad 2.

The ONLY known userland jailbreak is by Comex which was on 4.3 and was patched by Apple in 4.3.1, and Comex has NOT publically released it. And no one knows if he will be able to release it since it uses some coding by Apple and would be illegal to release it like that.

So the short answer to your question, since there is no jailbreak, no one knows if it is "safe" to upgrade yet. HOWEVER, it is usually NOT a good idea to do so, but the ONLY known jailbreak is for an earlier firmware anyway.

6. rockinmorockin thread starter macrumors member

i guess you didn't see me say when the jailbreak is out. i obviously know there isn't a jailbreak currently ready for the ipad 2. my question is can i upgrade my ipad 2 from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 and still be able to jailbreak it ONCE it's available?

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Yes, once a 4.3.2 iPad 2 jailbreak is out, you'll be able to jailbreak it. When and if that happens is another question. Unfortunately, no one on this sites knows.

That being said, I believe Zermelo gave you the best possible answer. I'm not sure why you chose to ignore it.