If I updated an app and don't like the update, how do I get the previous version?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Apr 13, 2013.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I still have the previous version on my iTunes I think. I was told a while back that you can delete the app on your phone and either sync or restore from backup and it will put it on there.

2. kingalexthe1st macrumors 6502

kingalexthe1st

Sounds like that's the way to go. As long as you haven't updated the app in iTunes, then delete from your iDevice, plug it in to your mac/PC and reinstall it from there. Let me know how it goes.

Alex

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Does restoring from backup effect any other settings or just put all your downloaded apps back?

4. kingalexthe1st macrumors 6502

kingalexthe1st

Are you talking about the settings in the app or in the iDevice? It will be a brand new app, effectively, so the app settings will have to be re-done to the way you had them. It won't affect any of the settings on your iDevice.

5. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Delete updated app from your phone, connect it to your computer and wait for iTunes to pop up//sync/backup. Then go to your apps tab, scroll through the list to find the app, click the check mark mark beside it, then resync your device. It should install the app on the version number when you last backed up your device with the app installed. Sent from my iPad.

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Thank you

7. Charadis macrumors 6502a

No problem, good luck. I've had to do this with multiple apps. It'll work as long as you don't update the app on your iTunes. Sent from my iPad.

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah it's insanely irritating when the update downgrades the app