If I want to switch to ATT and get a subsidized phone price: Can I do that at Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spetsnazos, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Spetsnazos macrumors regular

I want to buy the iPhone 5S and get the subsidized $299 for the 32gig price but also sign up with AT&T and port my number over from Sprint. Can I do that or can I only buy the phone at full price at the Apple store?

2. Fdfan100 macrumors member

Yes,you can do that at the Apple Store.

3. Spetsnazos thread starter macrumors regular

ok sweet thanks, guess i'll go there really early on Fri morning to see if I can get me a 5s

4. Spetsnazos thread starter macrumors regular

anyone else confiurm this i talked to a friend at work and he says i have to pay full price if I buy from apple.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Short answer is your friend is incorrect.

Unless you left out some details your friend is wrong. If you qualify for a subsidy at a carrier location then you can get it at AT&T or Apple. They have access to the same information for discounts and porting to new carriers.

You do not have to pay full price at Apple unless you don't qualify for a subsidy ( discount ).

Dave

6. in2tech macrumors regular

Doesn't each carrier usually have a rep at the Apple stores on new iPhone launch weekend to help people with thing's like this? Or was this just in the past? I know they were there when my brother-in-law got his 4S!

Maybe it is certain markets?

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

As far as ATT is concerned, you are a new customer. New number or ported number. No freakin difference.

As to where you stand with Sprint, only you know the answer to that.

Of course, if you want to buy a phone at full price for att, and keep the other any pay Sprint, you can do that as well. Not sure why you would pay full price on ATT vs the contract price.