If I were to rent a HD movie off itunes to watch on my mac, would it be Closed-Capt.?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tymbo, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Tymbo macrumors regular

As a hearing-impaired individual, I am curious to know because I don't like driving to blockbuster when I want to rent a movie.

Maybe this is the wrong forum, ._.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I believe that all movies from the iTunes Store come with either CC or Subtitles (or maybe both). I know there is the option in iTunes and QuickTime to view CCs on videos.

TEG

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I'd like to know as well, but I have doubts you'll get the captions. I've read that lots (most) of the movies on iTunes store do not have captions even when the DVD does. There was a thread about it a while back.

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I tried to turn on captions in iTunes preferences then played a movie. There was no caption.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

yeah, there was a thread a while back complaining about how movies that are on DVD with captions (which most new movies do have), but the iTunes version didn't have it. It was due to the way iTunes encoded the movie and the content providers didn't want to pay for more captions. It's a shame really.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

Just because there is an option in iTunes/QuickTime doesn't mean the individual movie has captions.