If im not at my house to sign for a package will they re-deliver it the next day?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ThisIsMyName, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ThisIsMyName macrumors regular

ThisIsMyName

If im not at my house to sign for a package will they re-deliver it the next day? (using Fed-ex)

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If it's the US Postal Service, they will. They'll try three times, then leave it at your local post office.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if signature is required they'll usually leave a notice and then they'll try again the next day. afaik thats standard across USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex

4. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Yep what they said, also my local delivering groups will leave a piece of paper. Saying something like sorry you where not home, will try again tomorrow between this time and this. I usually use UPS, I know my delivery guy on a first name bases.

5. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

If they require a signature, they usually say so on a slip that they leave. You can sign that slip, there's a place and they then can leave the package for you. I do it regularly with UPS.

6. larapumkin macrumors regular

they will re-deliver couple times and if you miss the last re-delivered one, they will leave you a slip with the address where you can visit and find the package.
    Signature service is secured...but annoying sometimes since there's not many people staying home during the day time

7. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

UPS left a package for me two weeks ago with a note telling me they left it with my neighbor. I guess they do that too. She brought it over later that evening.

8. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

If I get a notice that it's a courier service that's been by sometimes I will go pick it up. The post office here usually just tries again.

9. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yes, they will redeliver. With FedEx, you can print out a paper that you sign, and they will leave it either at your door, somewhere around your house, or with a neighbor.

10. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

I hope there not sex toys!!!

11. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

with my first gen ipod shuffle it had to be signed for, i wasn't there, then went to the facility to pick it up.

i think it's much better to leave it there than to leave it at the front door where anyone could walk by and take it

12. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

All depends on your neighborhood, I could probably leave my front door unlocked all day and be fine, but I dont.

13. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

I've had USPS drop it over the fence into the backyard once.

UPS so far has left a note but I've had the option of going to the UPS hub a few cities over and pick it up after a certain time (7pm, I'm guessing at the end of the driver's route).

Fed-Ex, same option as UPS.

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

FedEx and UPS will leave it at the door unless the package is required to have signature; if you know you won't be there, you can call in advance to tell them to hold it and you'll pick it up.

If it's DHL, I'd pray it doesn't end up in another country.