If ipad would'nt exsist , which of the following tablet would you buy ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cpt.Oliver, Jul 9, 2011.

?

If ipad woud'nt exsist , which of the following tablet would you buy ?

1. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

36 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  4. Hp TouchPad

42 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Blackberry Playbook

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  6. Sony S1

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. Sony S2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Acer Iconia Tab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Asus eee Transformer

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  10. Htc Flyer

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  11. Viewsonic ViewPad 7

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. Cpt.Oliver macrumors member

Notice I didnt include all tablets on the market and I didnt include a " no tablet " option. I also include tablets that are'nt yet released.

Personnally , I would buy , if the ipad would'nt exsist , the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9.

Which one would you buy ?

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

If you were going to include a poll it's not there. Having said that if the iPad didn't exist wouldn't buy any of the competing tablets and would just stick with my 13" MacBook Air or replace it with the 11" MacBook Air.

3. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

If hypothetically the iPad would not exist, none of the other tablets would either. They are all a direct response to the success of the iPad.

4. arashamedani macrumors member

Well technically, all of these other tablets wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the iPad :p

But I'd try out the HP Touchpad. Looks the most promising out of all the tablets flooding the market out there.

5. erawsd macrumors 6502

6. palpatine macrumors 68040

If iPad didn't exist, I guess I'd have an Asus, but I doubt I would be enjoying it as much as I enjoy the iPad.

I like the larger size, because the iPad is a tad small for PDFs. But, the build quality of the Asus isn't so great. And, of course, honeycomb isn't quite there yet. One more iteration of android, and perhaps a future samsung or Asus will be enough to get me to change from the iPad. Then again. The ipad3 might just blow me away as well...

7. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

I completely agree.

8. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

As much as I don't want to sound like an Apple fanboy, I would say the above is the truth.

9. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

I wasn't even aware that so many tablets existed :p:D just goes to show how apple has a death grip on the apparently nonexistent "tablet market." ;)

10. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

I would not buy any of them. For multiple reasons:

1. They would not exist without the iPad

2. They are all unappealing. Imagine how horrible their "app stores" would be without having the cross-developed apps originally made for iOS.

Without Apple creating the iPhone and iPad, we'd still be stuck here for tablets:

[​IMG]

11. Danoc macrumors 6502

Danoc

Playbook or Touchpad.

Big expectation from Windows 8.

12. palpatine macrumors 68040

it's fun to speculate. why is everyone hung up on the wrongheaded idea of no ipad=no tablets?

the ipad didn't just magically spring into existence out of steve's fragrant feces (allusion here to ancient japanese mythology). the tablet concept can probably be traced back more than a hundred years, with more recent predecessors being star trek equipment, microsoft tablets in the early part of this decade, and so on. in terms of operating systems, android was in development well before the ipad.

no one knows what tablets would have looked like if apple ipad didn't exist, and of course it's a safe bet to assume that they'd be different, probably not as well-developed yet, and doubtfully this inexpensive. but, something would be around. yeah, i know the ipad is revolutionary for a number of reasons, but that isn't what this thread is about. it's about what you'd do in an alternative reality in which the ipad isn't available.

it's a fun thought experiment. good question op :)

one thing it makes me realize is how fragmented and directionless the market is without the ipad. one of the reasons i still hesitate to invest in other tech is because i can't tell if i will be getting timely updates in the future or a decent app experience. lots of unknowns out there if i don't have the ipad.

13. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Where's the option for "I wouldn't have a tablet if the iPad didn't exist"? Because I honestly wouldn't, I've tried out the other tablets and their UIs are not to my taste.

14. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

It was deliberate to not include it. Just vote for a tablet. Keep in mind ipad dont exist

15. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I was going to buy a Kindle and an iPod Touch. Then when I saw the iPad, thats what I wanted.

16. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

17. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

I think Galaxy 10.1 is the best out there excluding iPad of course :D
    Although Android would piss me off and I would return it or sell it after a short while, I really can't get along with Android :eek:

18. ESPN macrumors regular

WHERE IS MOTOROLA XOOM?

Second tablet behind iPad and you cut it from the poll, shows me that your thinking and view of tablets are skewed.

19. Maaz macrumors 6502a

IMO the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is the second best after the iPad.

20. Hongkongfu macrumors member

same for me :)

21. singlestick macrumors regular

None. No other tablet currently offers what the iPad does, for me. And note that apart from the iPad and an iPod Classic, I do not own any other Apple products.

Now, if speculation turns out to be accurate and Amazon comes out with a tablet, I would take a serious look at it.

22. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Exactly. Basically they are just poor quality knockoffs.

23. tmagman macrumors 6502

Yeah how did you miss the Xoom?

Another write-in-ballot here for the Motorola Xoom. (I hear a Alaskan senator won an election on write-in-ballots)...

24. skillz1318 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Nexus S Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Xoom!