If iPhone comes to Sprint, where's the best place to buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidg4781, Sep 12, 2011.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Palm Pre: Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0)

I've always bought my Sprint phones from Best Buy, but where do y'all think would be the best place to get an iPhone on Sprint? The choices are, I guess, between Apple Store, Sprint, or Best Buy.

I know this is early, but I'm trying to get everything sorted before it launches. I live about 1.5 hours from any of those stores and want to get one on launch day.

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

A Sprint store....

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

4. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

5. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

Apple. Retail and online Apple Stores get priority over Best Buy. Authorized Resellers are even further down the food chain.

6. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Would have been funny if you were the first to post it. :rolleyes:

7. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks!

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to upgrade at an Apple store, I think when they first launched on AT&T you weren't able to, but I could be wrong. I didn't really follow it since I don't care much for AT&T.

As far as my choice of Best Buy over Sprint, BB used to be one of the only places to get an instant rebate, Sprint had mail ins. Also, I can get in, upgrade, get some decent accessories, and get out a lot faster than going to a Sprint store.

8. Darthdingo, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

10. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

I've always purchased my sprint phones by calling them. Typically they won't charge you an activation fee over the phone, although best buy might not either.

11. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Go to Radioshack. They have good deals on cellphones. I know if you trade in the 4 the 5/4S would probably be free. That's how it was last year.

12. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I don't understand when companies do things like this. How are they making money and what do they do with the old devices?

13. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

They refurbish the devices and actually resell them back to their stores or sell them overseas.

14. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I'll point out the obvious and preorder it from Sprint or Apple and have it delivered to you and save the 1.5 hour drive. I just don't see the point to waste 3 hours driving and countless hours in line in the hopes to get a phone on launch day. I know I have way better things to do then that.

15. dave006 macrumors 68020

Yes, there were some issues with the initial iPhone and AT&T. If you were upgrading at Apple and you had a national account ( FAN ) on your account, it had to be removed first. This problem was resolved by Apple and is not currently an issue.

As others have indicated, Apple will have the most inventory, and they will also have the most flexible exchange process if you have any early problems and want to exchange for a brand new phone and not do a "warranty exchange" for an Apple generic box unit. Yes at launch even the "warranty exchange" units will be brand new but some customers have issues with getting a generic box replacement. :rolleyes:

The Apple store will also have the biggest lines. Have you considered pre-ordering from Apple for direct delivery to you? No need to drive 1.5 hours away.

That way you still get your new phone on launch day and don't have to wait in long lines. :D

Dave

16. Dug macrumors newbie

Off-topic: What carrier does Apple use to ship (UPS, FEDEX, etc.) products with anyways?

17. Dug macrumors newbie

Ah, thank you. Probably going to order the iPhone 5 online to avoid lines (as other people said). I was actually watching a video of the iPhone 4 launch and damn that line was long. Especially the non-reservation line.

18. dave006 macrumors 68020

I have receive iPhones from both FedEx and UPS. iPhone 3GS came FedEx and last year's iPhone 4 came via UPS. Both launch day deliveries. FedEx beat the 10:30 AM dropoff and UPS was a 3:30 PM dropoff.

Dave

19. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Very nicely put. I applaud you for that.

20. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I understand wanting to get things sorted before it launches, but geez man, at least wait until it's announced.

There will likely be a week or so of waiting after the keynote before it's available... use the time then to figure out your best option. At least then you'll have some information to go on- namely, if it'll even be going to Sprint from day one.

In the meantime, there's no need to fret over your purchasing options. Use this remaining time to sit back, relax, and debate over the features instead. ;)

21. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks! Didn't even think to preorder. The only thing is I'd have to sign for it, and if I'm at work (which I'll most likely be) no one will be around to sign.

Eh, I guess they should announce it first.

22. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

Radioshack tbh...

Stock will be limited at their stores, but if you can get a preorder you'll be able to beat most of the lines others will deal with at Apple or corporate stores...