if it work if i replaced the motherboard of water damaged iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by asanka000, Nov 30, 2009.

1. asanka000 macrumors newbie

i got a water damaged iphone 2g from my friend for cheap. it won't turn on. just dead. im gonna replace it's motherboard and try!!. will this work or no?? what do you suggest me experts??

2. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

I suggest anyone reading this does so with a pirate accent in mind. It's far more entertaining.

If you can get a new mainboard then try it. It could be something else though, have you tried a new battery or dock connector in the phone?
    Mainboards are hard to come by as they are basically just a phone minus some parts.

How do you know it's water damaged? If the sensors are tripped then that still doesn't say its the mainboard thats fried. Plenty of people trip their sensors but have fully functioning phones.

3. asanka000 thread starter macrumors newbie

the person who sold it tome told it's water damaged. and it does not power on!!

4. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Mainboards are expensive - I have a few phones with dodgy mainboards but I have written them off since not economically viable to sort. I have had two phones with dodgy logic and dodgy comms boards and merged them into one. Now that was fun!!!!!