If McCain = Bush, does Obama = Kerry, Fox thinks so...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cleverboy, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    This is an interesting clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM3oww9Vk-c
    It's amazing the amount that character assassination plays into our news media. People can't seem to understand the difference between news reporting, and smear tactics.

~ CB

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

You really start to notice Fox's true intentions when you watch videos like one on Youtube (Don't have a link handy) where they show them saying one thing during Clinton's term, like "We think that a President needs to have the kind of checks and balances that is expected when it comes to matters like these. There needs to be more scrutinisation involved in these kinds of decisions, rather than him just being allowed to make them." and then like eight years later, saying the exact opposite thing about Bush, like, "I don't understand why people won't just leave Bush alone on this. This sort of action is good for our country, and people should allow him the leeway to do it without interference..."

I really hate Fox news, and I really hate Bill O'Reilly. It seems people either really really love him, or really really hate him...there are few in-betweens. This is probably because the ones that agree with him agree with everything he says, and therefore buy into his "Fair and balanced" shtick because they don't ever agree with the side that isn't getting their share...and the ones that don't agree with him actually see that he's an unfair whackjob.

Edit: About four and a half minutes in: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=165990&title=The-Meter-is-Running-Pt.-1

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Who cares what FNC thinks.

Obama is better looking than Kerry.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Hmmm...am I noticing a trend?

5. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

in terms of electability, i certainly think Obama = Kerry

6. walangij macrumors 6502

I don't agree with that. Kerry was very electable but he did not respond properly to the swift boat attacks which fooled many people who would have otherwise voted for him. There have been Obama campaign members who have gone on the record about a response to this if it happens, I mean when it happens to him. In addition to the excitement on the ground that Obama has which IMO is at least marginally better than Kerry. Conservative media is trying to scare people from Obama, it's worked a little, but seriously, at the pace they are going, they are going to run out of "liberal" politicians before mid-October.