If my Apple Store has an iPhone 4 32GB, can I cancel my preorder with AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MadMac84, Jul 4, 2010.

1. MadMac84 macrumors member

I am eligible for the 32GB iPhone 4 for $299. I ordered my phone through AT&T and it has yet to ship. I've got some time tomorrow to kill so, if I find out that my local Apple Store has an iPhone 4 32GB can I cancel my order with AT&T and get the phone over at the Apple Store for $299? Or will that cause all sorts of issues? Was looking on the boards for this same question, but found no one with the same question. Just looking for advice, thx.

2. watercrawl macrumors newbie

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

As long as you are able to cancel it, it shouldn't be a problem. I did the same thing and canceled one and bought it in store without any issues. Just make sure it hasn't been prepped for shipment yet because then you won't be able to cancel and aren't eligible for your upgrade.

5. MadMac84 thread starter macrumors member

OK, good to know that some people had some luck doing this. I didn't want to waste my time trying if it was known to be impossible. I'll call Apple and see if they have phones and then AT&T to see if I can cancel the order and buy at Apple that day. Thanks for the help!

6. sectime macrumors 6502a

7. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

As long as AT&T hasn't prepped your phone to be shipped and shipped it, you should be able to cancel it. If you try and buy it after it's been prepped it will show that you are ineligible for the $299 price.

8. Built macrumors 68020

As others have said, if AT&T has prepped your order (even if not shipped), you will have problems with resetting your eligibility. Even if able to cancel, you will have to hound AT&T to reset so that you can purchase at the discounted price.

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Canceled my pre order w/o any trouble. 611 and ask for the web order customer service number.

10. fairoasis macrumors member

I had a 32 black on order with Apple, and one at AT & T. Apple emailed me Saturday and said it was in. I went to AT & T, cancelled the order, and picked mine up at the Apple store today. Only hassle I had was when we tried to activate it at Apple, it said my number was already in a port process (Verizon to ATT). The Genius made a call to AT & T and I was up and running in no time. Good luck!

11. damesJ macrumors member

I did the same thing. Preordered with att but got it from the apple store. I called att up and told them to cancel my order. They asked why and all I said was someone got me one for a gift. They cancelled it and restored my upgrade back.