If my face touches the phone will on a call it dials

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tikiroom32, Jul 19, 2010.

1. tikiroom32 macrumors newbie

What do I do about this? it dials numbers on the phone, puts on hold, does speaker, and does face time...these have all happened if my face smushes on the phone:rolleyes:

come on sometimes you have to hold the phone between your shoulder and face....and sometimes my face just touches it.

its driving me crazy...is this "proximity issue" or what ? I am new to the iphone and my Husband says his doesn't do that:p

so help...what do i do??? thanks !

2. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yep it is the proximity issue you are experiencing. A fix (4.1.0 in BETA now) is supposed to fix it. The level of severity varies from user to user. Until the fix works(?) try using the speaker while calling.

3. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I got my iPhone 4 just before launch day and kept it for 1 day. I had the same problem as you. I have never had that problem on my original 1st generation Iphone. I don't think my wife has ever had that problem on her 3GS either. BTW, I never hold mine with my shoulder but had same problem.

4. tikiroom32 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will plug my phone in tonight for the update...hope that works...because its really annoying:eek:;)

5. cirial macrumors regular

4.1.0 isnt out yet, so no update for you unless your a developer. Dont get it confused with 4.0.1