If new MacBooks in Jan. - possible to buy i February?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FreqFlyer, Dec 26, 2007.

1. FreqFlyer macrumors newbie

Hi there!

As the rumors say, a new laptop will be released under the MacWorld Expo event i San Francisco in a feew weeks. But, I'm for the moment living in Europe, where the prices are rather high. I would therefore like to buy a new MacBook when I'm going to visit U.S., since the prices are much lover!

But lets say that a new, slim MacBook Pro will be released in January, will these reach the Apple Retail Stores by 20th February? I'll arrive at that date, and would appreciate if the computers where ready for purchase at that time.

So, any tips? :)

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Only Apple knows that, and we're not Apple. You'll just have to wait and see like the rest of us.

3. David G. macrumors 6502a

While I do agree with Stampyhead, I would be surprised if they weren't available by then.

4. FreqFlyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, of course only Apple knows.. but I was thinking maybe some of you had previous experience of Apple's releases, and therefore maybe could suggest when the computers would be available for purchase.:)

5. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

While they usually have new products available right after they are announced, I can remember a few times that they made the announcement and then said the products would be available a few weeks later. So while we can say that they will probably be available right at the time of the announcement, Apple has been known to delay release as well.

6. Play Ultimate macrumors 6502

Most recently the iPhone which was announced last year but was not available until July.

7. thepandamancan macrumors member

thepandamancan

But that was out of Apple's control since the FCC requires new cell phones to have a 6 month testing period from the announcement of the phone to the release of the phone.

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

Provided it is released, I would hope that it would be available for sale by then.

9. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I'm right there with you bud. Here's to new MBP's in January!