if NFC came to a iPhone what app would you use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tess1988, Nov 24, 2011.

1. tess1988 macrumors newbie

so I've decided to sign up after reading this site from time to time, if nfc did come available on the iPhone (future hardware or with current hardware with extra case), what app would you use.

i know its early days but next year we should see multiple apps which allow payments such as visa V.me, google wallet, paypal etc, and i live in australia and the commonwealth bank will launch there caching app next year

also what about starbucks there current app allows you to buy coffees using a on screen barcode and is also coming to the UK in 2012, but starbucks is no where as well known here in oz then in the US.

please move if i posted in the wrong section.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Unless NFC offers me reward points or cash back, I won't use it.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

A credit/debit card really doesn't take up much space in your wallet, pocket, or purse. Therefore the point of using NFC to not have to carry something else around eludes me.

I can also imagine people complaining, when they do finally have it, because it doesn't work everywhere they shop, it's glitchy and whatever other random complaint and paranoia they can think up.

4. tess1988 thread starter macrumors newbie

i would like to see apple introduce iTunes rewards so we could get app store credit, also i would say paypass/paywave is more accepted in australia then it is in the US, alot of fast food, milk bards(7-11), and soon most supermarkets will support the technology also alot of shops in shopping centres support paypass/paywave(NFC)

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I'd use it instead of my cards. Hate carrying them around.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

An app that supported NFC.

7. Emulsion macrumors 6502

I hope foursquare and other check-in apps utilize it. Instead of just a sticker on the window, I could just wave my phone at the door as I enter to check in. Or on a poster of the movie I'm walking into for Miso.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Depending on what app is available at the time that supports NFC. If Visa or Mastercard has an app that is linked to your bank. I love the idea of NFC, You always have your phone with you so it's an easy way of paying just by pulling out your phone.

9. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

When Apple brings NFC to the iPhone, it's more than likely going to be tied to an Apple provided credit card processing solution, like say, iTunes...

They will certainly provide an app along with the feature, and may not open it up to developers at all...

10. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Oyster card I suppose.

When travelling around London I usually take the train/bus more than I drive, so yeah...

11. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I agree with other posters. When Apple brings an NFC enabled iPhone to market there will be an integrated Apple software implementation. That's just the way Apple works.

12. cipher29 macrumors regular

Keep in mind NFC is a lot more than just buying stuff... It'll be used for everything from airline boarding passes to automatically changing profiles on your phone based on location (i.e., when you go to bed at night, put your phone on the bed stand and it automatically mutes the ringer, and sets your alarm etc).

NFC will have so many awesome applications more than just buying stuff.