if not for music or video, is there another reason to buy 16gig over 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by webdzynes, Aug 20, 2008.

1. webdzynes macrumors newbie

Just picked up the new 3G iphone yesterday and opted for the 8 gig. I'm wondering if I should exchange it while I can for the 16 gig. I dont expect to load movies or really even any significant music. The apps remain to be seen but I'm guessing they are generally very small files. Is there any other reason (performance) that warrants the extra 8 gig? I do go online a lot....

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

going online uses no more or less of your storage space. The only thing that uses the storage space is anything from itunes and photos.. and i THINK MAYBE contacts and calender stuff, but if it is, there are not a lot.

the apps i have do not take up much space, but i have filled my iphone with music.

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I picked up the 16 GB because I have 8 GB in music alone. If all the music/videos you need fit in the 8 GB and you don't think you'll need a tremendous amount of music/video anytime soon then there's no need for the 16 GB.

4. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

you should have asked before picking it up.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I would definitely pick up a 16gb. For $100 dollars more you get twice the storage space. Even though you may not have a use for that extra space now--who knows what your needs will be in a year? The apps/games are small now but that will not always be the case.

The fact that you're even asking is an even greater case to get the 16gb.

6. odp1979 macrumors member

odp1979

Agreed.

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

With the two year contract, this makes even more sense.

Agree.

You can never have too much space. I like audio books, and podcasts. Usually have a few loaded as well.

And of course movies and music videos.

8. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

More space is always better.

While the space is just for "media" of different types ... you may find yourself wanting it one day.

What if big gig-sized games start coming out? Or you find a daily video podcast you really like? Or realize how much you like high bitrate music?

If you can afford it, go for it.

9. rannddeee macrumors regular

Yes...not everyone likes black. Some prefer white, which only comes in 16gb.

10. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

No.

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj