If on ATT/T-Mo/Intl GSM do u care u have Intel radio?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Nov 3, 2017.

?

so?

1. yes I want a qualcomm

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. no I dont care at all

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

2. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

3. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

Will you ever notice the difference in real life usage? No, unless you plan on downloading gigabytes of data on LTE(which would be a task if your strength isn’t perfect anyway) I doubt you’ll be able to take advantage of the Qualcomm’s extra speed.

My only gripe is being locked into GSM only because if I ever switch carriers to CDMA I can’t bring it over. Besides that, it’s working fantastic.

This thread is gonna cause unnecessary fighting.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Don’t care. Phone works fine. But I’m sure I’ll be in the minority.

The second people hear there might be something better out there that they didn’t get, the knee jerk “me too!” jealous/entitled chain reaction starts, without anyone being able to empirically prove a real world improvement or difference that applies to everyone equally.

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Any thread about anything could start unnecessary fighting.

Onus is on those that wanna make it a fighting matter rather than discussion

6. AmexGG macrumors regular

AmexGG

7. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

8. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

9. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

10. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

That’s what I’m wondering too

Thread is limited sample but so far 50-50

11. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Recently sold:

Verizon 1st photo.

T-Mobile 2nd photo.

AT&T 3rd photo.

Sorry for weird lettering. I've got a setting for bigger text.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. AmexGG macrumors regular

AmexGG

Still a battle at 1 to 1 between T-MOBILE and AT&T

13. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

14. AmexGG macrumors regular

AmexGG

It's a race to the bottom before 100s of iPhone are returned to Apple.

15. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

That's what surprised me too. I'm assuming that one might of been the hardest to get considering that most T-Mobile models got bumped up to Nov 3rd but AT&T didn't follow suit?

16. justinf77 macrumors 6502

I had both the Qualcomm and Intel versions of the iPhone 7 Plus. Noticed no difference at all with either model, using T-Mobile on both. Not concerned at all about the Intel modem on my X except if I decide I want to switch to Verizon in the future, which I don't see happening anytime soon because T-Mobile has been great in NYC.

17. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

That’s true since the T mobile was first to go, but if they were paying outright and they were informed they could have just bought the Verizon model.

18. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

There is another similar thread on this subject. So far my tests have shown no significant speed difference between my Qualcomm modemed Pixel 2, versus the X. Both are significantly faster than my iPhone 7 Intel.

Wish I had a Qualcomm version to test on location today, so I will have to use my Pixel 2 as a stand in.

19. AmexGG, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017

AmexGG macrumors regular

AmexGG

This comes down to choices. Intel has 2 US carriers support and Qualcomm has 4 (every) US carrier support. More choices are always better than less.

20. richard371 macrumors 68020

I had the Intel 7+ for 6 months and it got stolen at EDC so i replaced it with the sim free qualcomm. Needless to say I didn't recall any speed differences because i never had them side by side but I found the signal was little better on the Intel and almost wanted to swap it out for the intel again. I now have the Intel X and the reception is better then any iPhone I've had. Im on the Apple upgrade program so im not going to try to jump through hoops to try to get something that may be a little faster with possibly a little less or better reception. As far as resale value for those that purchased out right it won't matter at all unless someone needs a cdma phone. Most people who buy used phones from my exp are not OCD and don't know or care much about tech. If your on the upgrade plan then resale is a moot point anyway. Apple specs these phones to be close enough so that people will not notice even if 1 looks better on paper/stats.

Based on my exp with Intel/Qualcomm even if I had a choice with the X id prob choose the Intel based on my exp with the 7.

Now if Apple allowed the Qualcomm to run at its full 1gb potential it might be a different story but even at 10 percent faster best case I wouldn't notice it. Id rather have the edge on reception which has been my exp and more important to me.

21. AmexGG macrumors regular

AmexGG

Everything else being identical but one phone can be used by 200 million more US subscribers.

Attached Files: