If phone ships from China, Expedited Shipping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Sep 20, 2013.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

If these phones we are ordering tonight ship direct from China, I'm doubtful that expedited shipping will speed it up. We've seen that before with new products. I'm sticking with standard for that reason. Not worth $10 when delivery time may be no different.

2. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Yeah, that happened to me one of the past launches... if they ship from China they are all grouped on a large parcel. Expedited does absolutely nothing in that case. Usually takes 2-3 days once shipped to receive them.

3. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Same here. I mean it was sept 27 to oct 1 for 10 bucks more... And regular was a day more haah

4. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

No such thing from China take my word on that.

5. drew.bowser macrumors regular

My confirmation with expedited shipping says shipping time is 2-3 days. Which, if you ask me is not bad. Im assuming its states side and that is why the ship times changed dramatically in just a few minutes for the gold phones.

6. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Yea but basically the same. If is in the states the normal shipping will be just as fast. considering it is fedex normally. If it was from china I can see it getting there before. Then again I can't even buy lunch with 10 bucks so it's not much for a day or two

7. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

All Apple products ship air from china and take 2-3 days at the most. There is such a thing from China.

8. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Not that this is any indication of how the iPhones will ship but I ordered the 5c case from Apple's website last Friday morning and it got delivered the following Monday and it came from China. This was with standard free shipping.

But I've seen tech blog articles that talk about how Apple discretely imports mass amount of products into the US, so my guess is the iPhones are shipping from within the US.

Attached Files:

9. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I have paid many times and I call Apple, they say I am sorry, your will arrive the same as standard shipping and refund the difference, so I am sure there is no difference.

10. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

I'm assuming there's no expedited shipping from China to the US, but what gets expedited is from their center in the US to your home. When I ordered the 5, it came into the west coast (i think Seattle) and took some time to get to NYC. Expedited will prob shave off a day off that domestic shipping

11. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

So I pre-ordered 5C upgrade on existing line of an ATT contract, plus a couple cases on the 13th, all via Apple Store online. My cases shipped from China and arrived Monday. But my 5C shipped from Harrisburg, PA on the 18th, went to St. Louis KY for some reason, probably to catch an air cargo connection, flew out of there yesterday evening for East Syracuse, NY, then was trucked to the Catskills a couple hours away, then loaded onto the truck for local delivery at 6am.

It's so weird sometimes to see stuff start its tracking log relatively nearby and end up hundreds of miles away only to be flown back to a couple hours away, sometimes several different hubs, and then get on a truck for the last leg. I get it that it's about very finely tuned logistics (especially when Apple does a flagship launch) but it's still funny to watch tracking of something like some $25 book you bought from amazon or b&n make the tour of Jersey, Pennsylvania, far upstate NY and then down to 100 miles away from the first pickup. Pony express coulda walked some of those books here in the time it takes. :D

12. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

One indication that 5S could possibly be shipping from China is the 1-3 day shipping timetable. You'd almost think, US based phones could have simply said 24 hours at first.

13. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

2-3 Days from China is expedited. Economy Air from China is 5-7 days. All iPhones at launch ship expedited regardless of what you choose, yes.

I thought your post was saying that no expedited shipping services exist from China.

14. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Apple rep said expedited shipping only on accessories ordered alongside iphones. All iphones are being shipped as soon as possible. Method is irrelevant. You can actually call and get a refund on it since that was not clear in the ordering process.

15. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Just saying it's not worth the 10.00 when they all arrive at the same time.

16. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

I completely agree. You get the expedited shipping even with free shipping option :)

17. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I did the expedited shipping (5s & the leather case) and the phone says it will arrive Sep 27-Oct 1 (instead of Sep 30-Oct 2 with standard shipping), while the case will arrive Sep 25-27 (instead of Sep 27-Oct 1 with standard). So it shaves two business days at best off of the delivery time for the case, but only one business day off at best on the phone.

18. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

they did it for free as a courtesy. the lady was super nice and I was super nice back to her. So I said, hey why not:)

19. betaboy78 macrumors regular

betaboy78

I keep franticly refreshing my page hoping 'processed' changed to 'shipped'.