If Sanders Loses, Bernie Believers Will Take the DNC Down

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Feb 25, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

2. 1458279 Suspended

Glad to hear that. I think it's the same with the GOP. If Trump wins the Nom, the voters will tear down the GOP.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

4. 1458279 Suspended

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Seeing as the DNC has become the corporate party the GOP was in the 90's, and the GOP has gone off the deep end, good.

I have no allegiance to a party that has decided to ally with business to **** over people just to stay in power.

6. 1458279 Suspended

It's interesting that many feel this way about the given parties and yet the Ind party isn't even talked about.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

SADLY third parties are still seen as a wasted vote.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It's because the system in this country was intentionally set up to lock us into a two party system by design. There is nothing explicit but in the mechanics of how the voting system is set up it is incredibly hard for a party to be unseated. It's happened before (the whigs and others) but it always settles back down to party X and party Y.

9. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

If Hillary falls back too far behind Trump, watch for Bloomberg coming out as an *independent* - small soda can and all.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The problem is people dislike both parties for different reasons, even if a politician runs as an independent it doesn't mean that they represents all independents. For example, you could have two voters that both identify as independents, one who is right wing and thinks that the Republicans are all communists, and another who is far left and is upset that the Democrats give in to the Republicans far to easily. They would never vote for the same candidate, and the majority of people in the country are mostly happy with one or both of the two parties we have now.

11. 1458279 Suspended

The fear of the voters makes this true. Our system is also bent against it, but things can change.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 25, 2016 ---
    Bernie is actually an independent, but running on the Dem platform.

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Good riddance.

I think he's running for the dem nominee because he knows there's no way in hell a third party candidate could win a general election in our current system.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

same was true of Rand & Ron Paul , or GJ.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

If HRC gets the coronation DWS is trying to rig at the convention, Bernie should run independent in the general election with Rand as his VP candidate. That would definitely make some waves.

15. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

No, these are all Republicans. Very far Right, but absolutely, Republicans. Did you ever notice the (R) next to their names? You will find an (I) next to Sander's Senate credentials. That's how you can tell.

Sanders is running as a Democrat for President, because he understands the math. He will not run as an "Independent". Why? There isn't room for more than two major parties in our first-past-the-post system to elect president. We have never had a third-party candidate elected to president. This is not by chance, it is by design. Senators, Representatives in the House, governors, state representatives - these are all viable positions where a third-party can be elected. Elections here are run as a different system. No electoral college. Never waste your time with a third-party candidate for president. You may as well stay home. The same affect will have been achieved.

If Ron or Rand Paul were genuine Independents, they would have run as such. I know it is mostly a dirty, embarrassing word at this point, but they are Republicans, through and through.

16. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I think everyone sees at this point the DNC is stealing the nomination from Bernie

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

DWS better get ready for President Trump.

18. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I think if it were more well known that third-party public funding is tied to the proportion of votes they get, third-parties would get more votes. I'm not just voting, I'm also ear-marking some small portion of my tax dollars to go to that party.

For example, in MA where I am, voting for an a major election seems a bit silly. Something like 60% or more vote for the Democratic candidate consistently and our congressmen rarely run with any serious opposition. Often it feels like voting at all won't make a difference. But then I remember that if I vote for a third party, they certainly won't win this time, but my vote might be the vote to push them over 3%, or over 5%, or whatever it is they need to clear the next hurdle and unlock the next level of available public funding for them.

19. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Ironic that the democrats have the least democratic process with their super delegates to ignore the people's votes.

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

??

George Jefferson?

Gordon Jump?

21. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Then why waste the ink in putting out other candidates' names on the paper? I imagine the ballots could be shrunk down a couple of inches too...

People have a choice to vote for whom they wish. If, by the second election, they are unaware that the other parties they constantly see on the paper don't exist, then they're not exercising their valuable rights as an American to go inform themselves before voting on the candidate they've researched and seen come across the best (on issues directly or as compromises). It's easier nowadays thanks to the internet and lower costs to get the word out. It still takes the voters to have at least a token amount of involvement, too.

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

More likely for the GOP to implode short term. The process has all ready started.

23. satcomer, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016

satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

You better get out of Oregon because the left has banned rain water collection!

That was a blatant lie!

Thanks to all the lefties caring for all of us! :rolleyes:

24. jerwin macrumors 65816

Utah != Oregon.
    More to the point, water rights are a fact o life in the West. If your bundle of sticks doesn't include the right to collect rainwater, no rain barrels for you. Theoretically it will contribute to some aquifer, some river system-- just not to your cistern.

25. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Wow how Goverment center you are! May Any Goverment hack decide you garden is collecting to much rain your going to jail!