If Steve Jobs was still was CEO, do you think the new iPhone would look different?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lejudicieux, Aug 3, 2012.

1. lejudicieux macrumors member

I personally believe that if he was still with us, the design would've looked much more refreshed.

2. rman726 macrumors 6502

From all accounts, Steve was very involved in this phone design. I don't know if it would have looked much different.

3. Demonface macrumors 6502a

Yes he wouldnt want the same design out there. Let's just hope that Tim Cook doesnt disppoint us with the new iPhone.

But if Steve was still around the iPhone and new iPad would look completely different .

4. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

BS. You guys have no clue about product development cycles.

The first products that were created completely w/o Steve's knowledge and influence will not hit before next year.

-t

5. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Wasn't the new iPhone the last thing Steve was working on?

6. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Nope it wouldn't b/c he saw this year's iPhone

7. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Why even think about that? Nothing will change!

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Even though it has already been reported that Steve Jobs worked on the new iPhone, even if it hadn't been reported, I imagine what we're seeing is still something he would have approved of. If you think it's a poor design, then just look to some of the other design missteps Apple has made and even admitted (the shuffle being an example of that).

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Different than what? Which render from an "Asian parts supplier" or "trusted source" would you be referring to? The phone isn't out yet, so this thread is pointless.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No.
    I'd even forgotten that Cook was CEO (I mean I already knew - but I don't think of it) until I saw this thread.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Different to what? There's no confirmed design yet.

12. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I too believe the next iPhone would have been different if Jobs were alive. Everyone's vision is not the same. It would be interesting to know if S. Jobs had some planning into this next iteration. I would imagine there was some "advanced" discussion as to how it should look and what it would implement.

13. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Point is he's no longer with us so the question is somewhat redundant !

Lots of forums are on fire with subjects discussing the aesthetics of the next iPhone and with what's going to be under its hood.

Personally I'm keeping an open mind and enjoying the journey !

14. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Accept it, the parts we are seeing is the next iPhone. I don't see why some are fighting it so hard.

The new design is awesome in my opinion and I will be happy to own it.

See turtle777's post above. I would even venture he was involved in several of the up coming years of iPhones/pads/touch

15. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

I don't get it either. Some are very hung up on the 'taller' thing apparently, but what they fail to realize is that what's half an inch taller is the screen, not the phone. The phone itself is just over a third of an inch taller, which is barely noticeable if you don't have a 4S to compare, and much thinner.

I like it a lot. If it's real this will be replacing my 3GS.

16. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

With the "next gen" iPhone almost being released last year, it is without doubt that Steve gave his approval of it. It seemed there was production issues or something that he disapproved of, hence the 12 month delay.

As others have posted, we wont see any products that Steve didn't have a hand in for many years to come yet.

17. saud0488 macrumors 6502

still with us? He's dead, get over it.

18. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

I'm sick and tired of seeing people put words into Jobs' mouth and say what he would and wouldn't approve. The fact of the matter is NONE of you have any evidence to support what you're saying because you never met Steve, let alone knew him well enough to get his view on unreleased products. He's dead, now can we stop being disrespectful by putting words in a dead Man's mouth?

19. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Give it up already... The Man Is DEAD

Do yourself a favor and get into the present.

20. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

From what I've seen of all these leaked court case iPhone proto-types from 6-7 years ago, it looks like 'Apple' only had about one or two ideas to begin with. Why we're expecting anything new out of Apple is beyond me.

21. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

The "if Steve were here..." card is played waaaaay too much IMO
    This is just an easy way to add credibility to an argument that has little or no substance to it
    Just tack on "if Steve were here..." and instantly it trumps everything and magically gives the poster whatever they wanted in a product

22. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Absolutely, completely not true at all.

The 4S was always the plan.

When they introduced the iPhone 4 they introduced a new screen resolution, and they asked a lot of developers to update all their apps, which they did.

Introducing a new larger screen with a new resolution a year later would not have done anyone any good. Having a consistent screen size and resolution really helps create an ecosystem.

This is probably one of the reasons they kept the iPad 1 screen resolution for the iPad 2. Obviously the cost of parts also had something to do with it!

You don't honestly believe that a couple of months before releasing the iPhone 4s they had plans for another phone that didn't work out, and Apple were like, "Well this isn't working, quick, put a dual core processor in the iPhone 4, make sure it doesn't over heat, make sure the battery still lasts, if it doesn't make the battery bigger, get a better camera, make sure it works with all the software, make it so we can have one phone for all carriers accross the whole world.... etc."

Those decisions take months and years and aren't last minute considerations.

I'm not defending the 4s as an update, it was fairly weak all said. But it wasn't a last minute thing that some people believe.

23. SR45, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012

SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

How do we know what Jobs would or wouldn't do.....

My Crystall isn't working either.....

Let me ask him from the grave. Give me a moment. Sorry he won't answer my phone. Let me guess. The OP is still very young and posts really, really silly comments. The man is dead, and no one on this green earth can guess what he would do today. Give it a break would you

Attached Files:

24. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Yes I think that's why they put the 4S out as there was delays. No point in the Iphone 5 if it had too many issues at launch.

25. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Since we haven't seen the new iPhone how can anyone answer this question? :confused: