If the 4S was able to sell about 4 million, just wait til you see the numbers on 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jp700p, Oct 15, 2011.

1. jp700p macrumors regular

I love my 4S, but its relatively the same as my 4 except obviously its much faster, better camera and Siri. Even the name 4S just means a slight upgrade. Even so, it was able to sell out on apple.com, and still create lines at stores. Sure the lines weren't as long as last years, but the upgraded model was still able to produce lines.

If this is the case, I predict the iPhone 5 will an all out frenzy. Of course, I am assuming the iPhone 5 will have a different design (aluminum back, bigger screen.. etc..). Plus it will more then likely have LTE support from all carriers (AT&T, Sprint and the big V)

I'm guessing the iPhone 5 will sell double the first weekend compared to the 4S.

What do you guys think?

2. skidbubble macrumors 6502

I doubt it. Everyone who rushed out & had to have a 4S will not be eligible for an upgrade, so there won't be as many.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Well, every year, the iPhone sales more and more...same as the specs gets better and better. Apple is 5/5 with sales increasing each iPhone.

4. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

I think the iPhone 4s orders will taper off quickly. As has been noted about in store stocks. It appears that Apple, along with ATT, Sprint and Verizon decided to have decent in store stocks on launch day thinking they would sell out and reap extra profits versus letting the pre-order people have it who are now on back order.

Now there are plenty of in store stocks while there are still tons of people on back order. IMO this is a way of goosing the numbers to make it seem like there are more purchases than there really is since the in store stocks are not selling out.

With how bad the economy is, people aren't willing to spend $200-400 for a new phone every year if their older phone is still good.

5. mds macrumors 6502

I don't understand this logic. The numbers are what the numbers are. If they sold 1 million they sold one million. It doesn't matter where they were purchased.

6. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

pretty sure people say this every year.

Apple is Apple, iPhone is iPhone, people will still buy it.

7. DVDxR macrumors regular

If this was an issue for the sales numbers it would have shown up this time since this is the first time AT&T hasn't don't a mass eligibility bump for everyone to keep them locked in. There are a lot of us on AT&T (and I imagine Verizon) that are not eligible for an upgrade this time around who will be when the 5 comes out.

8. lilo777 macrumors 603

I do not understand this fascination. The more iPhone sells the more ubiquitous it becomes (it already is). And unlike desktop computers, the phone is somewhat of an accessory so its attractiveness diminishes.