If the devil (evil incranate) was nominated by your party, would you vote for?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Oct 4, 2016.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Question not about Trump (but is promoted by Trump's track record).

History has shown over and over again a populations support of "leaders" who have, in short, mass termination plans.
    Of course Hitler is a popular example, but the list is endless.

Even with ease of getting news today abusive leaders and regional genocides is rampant, take Philippine president Duerte for example.

I realize people hate Clinton, but I have the sens that even if, say, Tim Kaine or Bernie Sanders was running for president vs Trump there will always be those would rather die than not vote with their party.

So why do people pick their party candidate even when there is certain it cause major socioeconomic problems (FAR worse than predictions about Trump, eg Hitler)

(Yes I am critical about Trump, but this is really a question about Human nature, well, Human Stupidity actually)

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I have been on record numerous times in saying that if Trump were running in my party I would not vote for him. Some things are just a bridge too far.

4. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

5. AsherN macrumors 6502

Both sides.

6. chown33, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016

chown33 macrumors 604

I'd have to see his tax returns first.

If there's one thing in this world that's unquestionably infernal, its number is 1040, not 666.

7. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

8. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

id have a couple of coldones with his homeboy beezlebub and watch the evangelicals reaction

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

10. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

11. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

you should. parties are fun. as long as they're not in your house/apt and are at someone elses :D

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I didn't say I don't go to Parties.:mad: I said I don't have a Party.

13. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

thats what they all say :D

14. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

To summarize, if Hitler was nominated by my party, would I vote for him? No.

I don't feel that kind of party loyalty. But, I do tend to vote for a party more than I used to. Or, to be more accurate, I vote against a party much more than I used to. I can't remember every single vote, but, my recollection is that I have not voted for any Republican for any office at any level after the year 2000. That is, starting in 2002. The 2000 election was it for me. It started in 1994 for sure, but, after 2000, I didn't and don't see how any self-respecting person can run for office as a contemporary Republican. Fiscally and socially moderate Republicans from an earlier era were purged from the party. I now vote mainly for Democrats, along with the occasional Green.

15. 0007776 Suspended

If the alternative was Trump I'd flip a coin, otherwise no.

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Blind party loyalty strikes me as utter madness. I prefer Pepsi to Coca-Cola, but if they changed the recipe so that Pepsi started tasting like cat urine, I wouldn't keep drinking it.

And that's what happened with Republicans. If Republicans had stuck with a general program of low taxes, fiscal responsibility, a sensible pro-business agenda, and support for the general principles of personal liberty - I'd still be voting for them. But they didn't. They became a party of racial, ethnic and sexual intolerance. They became overrun by religious nutcases, gun nuts, and economic voodoo.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That is an amazingly good analogy. I am going to use that one! :D

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think the issue is that Pelosi, Obama and Hilary mean there are virtually no racist/sexist white Democratic Party members anymore. They all vote Republican. Even if only 15-20% of white Americans are racist that adds up to a sizeable share of the base.

Obviously there will be a similar proportion of racist blacks who vote Democratic - maybe 1.5-2% of the US population. But they make up a much smaller share of the base as there are fewer blacks.

19. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If the devil ( evil incarnate ) ran for president you wouldn't even know it.

20. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Will the devil help the voter in return for helping him? Or will God save the voter from the devil?

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

but we do know it and he is orange.

22. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

we got kaiser soze over here

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

He is not orange, what is the matter with you.

TasmanianDevilLooneyTunesCharacter.jpg

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That was my initial thought as well. Our choice this election is either Satan or Lucifer.

25. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" It's that simple. And the Devil(figuratively speaking) is an expert in social engineering to make that phrase work in their favor.