Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noupf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
If the iphone 5 didnt "wow" you, what did apple need to do to the phone to meet your expectations?

rellimie

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
Larger than 4. I want at least 4.5 and a 640 display is not HD. A 720 display is and that's the new standard for high end phones.

Anything bigger than 4 would require 2 hands to use...which is stupid and the something I was hoping they wouldn't do..4 is plenty.

it's a phone....the retina looks fantastic

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Larger than 4. I want at least 4.5 and a 640 display is not HD. A 720 display is and that's the new standard for high end phones.

The human eye will not see the difference between 640 and 720 on a 4" screen held at normal reading distance of 16-18"

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Pretty safe to say also the new ipad in March will get the A6. From the videos, the processor is really nice.

Yes probably. And maybe slightly different casing since the 2 and 3 were identical. Although I'm really happy with the iPad design. I was hoping the iPhone 5 woould look like a mini iPad. Sleek and cradles in the palm of your hand. I'm tired of this dense rectangle w flat edges.

rushluvr

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
Anything bigger than 4 would require 2 hands to use...which is stupid and the something I was hoping they wouldn't do..4 is plenty.

it's a phone....the retina looks fantastic

You only have one hand? I'm sorry. Crocodile attack?

I use my S3 with one hand just fine and thats a 4.8 inch display.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
If the iphone 5 didnt "wow" you, what did apple need to do to the phone to meet your expectations?
Hardware wise, all they need to add are..

1) make it a tad bit more wider, lets get 720p resolution

2) actually redesign the device, so get rid of the brick-like design we've been using since iPhone 4. I expected this upgrade to be how the 3GS to 4 was, when it truly doesn't feel like it.
Speaking of feeling. The iPhone 4's brick-design has poor ergonomics. I've had an iPhone 3G and i have an iPhone 4S and the 3G felt much better in the hand.
I wanted to see a mix of 3GS and 4S for the new iPhone, preferably a liquid metal or aluminum curved back (look at the new iPod Touch's back for reference)

So if they add those things for the iPhone 6 then i'm sold.

3) as a bonus, i'd like an LED light for notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.