If The iPhone 5 Really Looks Like This, Apple May Be Screwed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MBX, Jul 30, 2012.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

By Business Insider: http://www.businessinsider.com/if-the-iphone-5-really-looks-like-this-apple-may-be-screwed-2012-7

And I agree.

I will switch to Android/ Samsung if this is the next iPhone. It looks really dated/ old and small now and i'm getting tired of the iPhone 4, iPhone 4s and possibly iPhone 5 looking all the same. No thanks.

iOS6 looks old too. How come Apple isn't doing more innovation? Still the fixed icon grid while Google + even Microsoft have done more cool stuff in the mobile front.

2. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

Oh god. Enough with this innovation. Like anything in life the iOS started missing an incredible amount of things. Over time it's going to stabilize and slow down. When the 3G came out no one complained it was plastic, no one complained the 3GS was the same. Then the 4 came out and it was so different it blew minds, then came bandwagon apple users with the 4S too.. Now everyone is annoying. Your just foolish, they won't be screwed, not one bit. It's incredible people could complain this much over a phone. What more do you want. The 4 inch screen is there, it looks like an updated apple product, they changed the USB, added a bigger mic/speaker, bigger screen.. If you don't like it, dont get it. Sigh

3. TurnTronics macrumors member

I am excited for the iPhone 5, however I do hope the form factor is more updated than this. The gunmetal antennae looks cool, but they need to change the design of the casing.

A curved aluminum backplate would look pretty slick, but that's just my opinion.

4. lazard macrumors 65816

except 4" is still small, and I don't see why Apple is so catering to men with small hands.

5. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

It's half an inch bigger. Bigger isn't always better, all those other phones offer the bigger screen because they need to differentiate, there's so much more to a phone. I don't get why it's that big of a deal. Look at big screen TV's. We Got rid of ours when flat panels came. A 4 inch retina over a 4.3-8 non-retina. Easy choice

6. brentsg macrumors 68040

Because most of us don't want a brick in our pants pocket all day. If smart phones keep getting bigger then I'll be back with a free "dumb" phone again.

Most of the larger phones came about because they needed a big battery to get LTE users through lunch time before they had to recharge.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I love the current 4S, and do not want a bigger screen than 4".....this would be the perfect phone for me. Apple will not be screwed....wake up! or move on

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

:cool:;):D
    You know, that has to be it. Ives & Co. must just have tiny fingies. I'm absolutely certain that that could, nay must be the only reason for the size of the phone. Apple is known, after all, for only wanting to cater to 2% of the population and minimize sales as much as possible.
    :cool:;):D

9. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

I'm in on the new iPhone 5 looks and will purchase it. OP, wish you the best with the Android. :D Do you need assistance with their Android forum ? ;)

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Who knows if this is what the next iPhone will look like.

11. aziatiklover, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Good night sweet prince you won't be miss here! Hope you will enjoy your android phones!

12. obey macrumors newbie

Please leave this forum and do not come back.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

13. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I can't down vote your post but I can rate your thread.

p.s. It didn't do well.

It's weird that so many people feel the only way a phone can be different is because of its design.

Maybe Apple will fail if there are so many people like this. I'll try and get my hands on one though :)

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

15. Aidoneus macrumors 6502

Let us know when your Android phone gets a virus.

16. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Remember when everyone said the 4S was going to fail...

17. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I won't say Apple will be screwed because they will still sell tons of them. What I do know is a lot of people that are waiting to upgrade, like me, will move to the S3. I will no question if the 5 looks like the above photo.

18. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

I'm not buying the new Bugatti because it looks too similar.. Screw this. I'm getting the new Fiat.

19. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I remember when people used to "oooh" and "aaaah" when someone pulled out their tiny new phone!

Now all you'll have to do is walk up and someone will say, "Hey...is that your new Android phone or are you just happy to see me?"

20. dvoros macrumors 6502

new iPhone5

:(:mad::confused:
    I agree with the comments about the rumored design of the new iPhone. It looks like the first and certainly the current 4s. Whats going on at Apple?

21. batting1000 macrumors 604

Nothing is going on. Apple can't please everyone unfortunately.

22. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

This is probably that most lame argument ever, and I don't know how much more we're going to hear it. God forbid apple made something a little bigger than 3.5 inches, all of a sudden its a brick? :rolleyes:

23. superdudeo macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

I've been with iPhone for 5 years now. If that design is accurate I'm going to windows 8.

24. Jedii macrumors regular

This is true, partly because the iPhone and iOS is/was so far ahead of it's time, this is more about refining the device, than re-evolution, and whilst others are still playing catch up, Apple is making sure it's spot is well secured.

Where was the notion of an billion dollar App Store, before an iPhone?
    Where was the notion of entire IAP before the App Store?
    Where was the notion of a camera and phone being one before the iPhone?

Sure, you could say they all existed separatly,but apple understood the market, and sold it, and sewed it up.

Maybe the seams are a bit stretched, even i can appreciate the Samsung /Windows elephant in the room, this is the competition Apple HELPED create.

I have no doubt Apple has more than just phones and tablets to ensure they stay market leaders, in fact i bet their next device creates a new market AGAIN like the iPhone and iPad has..

25. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

Now this is the kind of comment that I hate...

"Goodbye you wont be missed"...

So, because he has an opinion different than yours, he should go away? I see that kind of comment too often around here!

OP: I respect your opinion, after all a phone/company is not a "girlfriend", and you can switch for whatever you want whenever you want to, but to be fair we still dont know what the next iphone will look like, all the leak could still be disinformation by apple :)