If the iPhone 5C had Touch ID, it would be the same price as the 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleonlife, Oct 1, 2013.

1. appleonlife, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

appleonlife macrumors newbie

A 32GB iPhone 5C costs $710. A 5S of the same size costs $749. That's a $40 price difference.

That's less than the difference between storage capacities.

If the iPhone 5C had Touch ID, it would be the same price as the 5S.

What people never got was that the 5C is a new product category, and people don't really understand that the casing on the 5C is completely re-engineered from the ground up. The new casing on the 5C addresses many of the issues that plagued the 5 and 5S. Such as overheating, (just from charging, using 3G or playing games) as has been noted in Apple's communities, with 168197 views.

As well at the "autoscuffing" and MacRumors really had the wrong idea by constantly referring to the device as the "low-cost" version.

Untrue. This phone is not those rumors you once knew.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Seriously? :confused:

By that crazy logic then:
    iPhone 3Gs > iPhone 4

Btw it's nice to see you back wrathofmacs, wrathofmavrix, fukai-no-mita, starry-knight and any other usernames you had before you got banned ;)

3. appleonlife thread starter macrumors newbie

:confused:

No?

The 5C is current technology. Even Apple themselves mentioned that the 5S was more of an investment. Soon to be trumped by the iPhone 6, of course.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

So by paying a little more I get the A7, the M7, Touch ID, better camera, and more? My 5S is even more superior than I thought.

5. appleonlife thread starter macrumors newbie

True. It can be said that the 5S is more superior. But just think about the value and breadth you'd be getting with the 5C.

Trying a new products category without actually being an early adopter. Just some food for thought.

But MacRumors had the whole concept of the 5C wrong though. :/

No mistake though that some of the flaws in the 5 got carried over to the 5S.

6. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Just curious but why do you keep coming back time after time trying to convince us that the 5c is better than the 5s? If you like it that is all that matters.

To me the 5c is a year old phone using year old internals that was put in a plastic colorful body to cheapen the experience and drive people towards the more expensive 5s. But that's me.

7. appleonlife thread starter macrumors newbie

That's not why I'm here. Whenever I want to say something I just start fresh. I'm used to it by now. It's a nice gesture that they clean up after me and I appreciate that. But as for having been banned, or put in time out, that hasn't happened. Specially when no rules have been broken. Same old same old. ^^

In response to your post, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything but the truth is that the basics of the phone is current technology. I went to sleep.

I woke up confused because, the 5C isn't last years technology. That's just the simple truth.

The retina display isn't last years technology. I mean everything about the phone is up to date.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Just don't drop your 5c.

9. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

By saying "True" to what I said you exactly agreed that the 5s has more value ("My 5S is even more superior than I thought") and breadth ("So by paying a little more I get the A7, the M7, Touch ID, better camera, and more").

I agree that Apple never said that the 5c is a "cheap" phone.

"No mistake though that some of the flaws in the 5 got carried over to the 5S." -- But the 5c staying with A6, no Touch ID, very slightly improved camera, etc. is perfection?

10. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

There is nothing cheap about the 5C. The phone feels extremely solid...hell I want one only if it was cheaper...ha.

11. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Not that it's a cheap product per say, but it's a cheaper product in the mind of most consumers than the premium material 5s which is what apple wants customers to feel so they steer towards the more expensive model.

12. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I think he has the 5c and he knows the 5s is better, and it's really eating him up inside. Instead of just getting the 5s, he tries rationalize it and make himself feel better.

I want him to enjoy his phone, so I'm just going to leave this alone now.

13. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Yeah, you're right. Can't fault him for loving his iPhone (regardless which model it is).

I think I'll leave the kid alone too.

14. appleonlife, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

appleonlife thread starter macrumors newbie

Well yes. ;)

Because currently, there's no use for the A7.. or the 64 bits.. or the fingerprint sensor.

They're just nice to have. Now, when the iPhone 6 comes around, we might have apps that could use them.

I mean the only app that uses 64 bits is what? Infinity Blade 3? I never played Infinity Blade 1.

I mean I just thought that I'd rather have all of those technologies packed into a new form factor instead of last years form factor.

I felt like if I'd bought the 5s, I wouldn't get the whole package.

----------

I'm just trying to reverse the rumors about the 5c, because what Apple had developed , is not what the rumors had stated.

I have plenty of time to trade this for the 5s. But I'm really not going to.

This is not to cause a disturbance or anything. But I'm just trying to be as sincere as I possibly can. I've weighed my options, and the 5C exquisite. Just that. ;)

15. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

32GB iPhone 5c $649
    32GB iPhone 5s $749

16. urkel macrumors 68030

Wow. You really aren't doing Apple any favors with your attempts at promoting the 5c with such a huge amount of contradictions and irrational logic.

Personally, I really like the look of the 5c. And next year when the 6 comes out and the 5S guts are put into the same plastic shell (with new up-to-date "current gen" colors) then it will also be a solid middle tier phone that won't require a spokesperson to justify its existence.

17. appleonlife thread starter macrumors newbie

That's not the point of this thread at all. The point is it's not the phone that MacRumors said we'd be getting.

It's funny how we're supposed to be on the latest news and updates yet don't know what real people are saying about the device.