If the iPhone 6 was a 5 inch screen phone would it fit in pockets?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 11, 2013.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

People say that their Note 2 doesn't fit in their pockets? Well if that is true I think the next iPhone should only be 4.3-4.5 inch screen. But do you think they will keep the same wide angle or will they go back to the old format. Old iPhone was short but wide and the new one is taller but thin because of the format.

2. JobsGang macrumors regular

JobsGang

A 5 inch phone can fit in your pocket.They will probably shrink the bezels.Samsung made the s4 screen bigger than s3 and the s4 is actually smaller than the s3.

The only thing is I don't know how apple does this if they keep the home button.

3. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Just change the shape from round to rectangular, as on the S4, which by the way fits just fine in my pocket!

4. javisan macrumors regular

People, please stop fearing the 5 inch iPhone. Ask any friend to let you hold their Galaxy S4. Put it in your pockets. I'm sure many of the people fearing a bigger iPhone have not played with modern phones made by Samsung or HTC.

Disclaimer, if you wear Justin Bieber pants, of course you will have issues with any phone.

5. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

I fit my S3 in my pocket fine and it has a 4.8" screen, as long as you don't wear those girly/hipster skinny jeans you will be fine.

6. javisan macrumors regular

Exactly, that's why I'm pissed with the fingerprint sensor. Removing the home button or making it very little was the only way. Now Apple will want to milk the fingerprint sensor gimmick for a few years before removing it and minimizing that bottom bezel.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I've held and played around with an S4, it seemed like a nice phone, but it was way too big I'd never buy a phone that size unless it was the only size any manufacturer offered and my old smaller phone died.

8. zbarvian macrumors 68010

The next iPhone is practically guaranteed to be bigger. I, like others above, hope they will reduce the bezels to keep the form factor as compact as possible. The home button could conceivably be redesigned into more of a slit shape, though of course it might also need to go fully capacitive.

9. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I think it could go to 4.5 no problem. Still be one hand friendly too. 4.5 should keep most happy. This and better battery life please. Oh and 32 gb starting model

10. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I have played with the S3 and the S4 and both phones fit better in my pant pocket than the iPhone 5. For some reason the iPhone 5 is tighter and it always shifts sideways where it becomes very uncomfortable.

11. JobsGang macrumors regular

JobsGang

That's the first thing I thought of when I heard about the fingerprint scanner.They won't want to get rid of it after one year.

Like the other poster said maybe they change the shape?