If the iPhone 7S is also coming out. Then what can Apple do about the camera upgrade since it's an S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Feb 23, 2017.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

model ?

I mean what can Apple really do with it.
    I don't think they would leave the camera the same.

And the iPhone 8 needs to either have a completely upgraded camera or the same camera that will be included in the 7S if it's upgraded from the 7

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Apple can do whatever they want with it, they don't have to follow the same patterns that they have been.

3. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

what can they add on to justify the upgrade from the 7 ?

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Apple logo?

5. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Could this not be said for every iPhone? What can they add to a 4S that 4 couldn't do? Oh yeah - it's faster and has a slightly better camera, and Siri. Like that's gonna win me over. What can they add to 5s to justify it for 5 users? yada yada. It's not about making the owners of the previous model buy the new one, cause it's an iterative process. The changes from one model to the next won't be that grand. Some will buy every model, but for the most part, it's about going a few phones back, and when you add just a little per phone, when you go far enough back, there's a lot "missing". And of course the camera can still get better. For one thing they could simply make it bigger. Larger sensor and whatnot. They could also improve the ISP.

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

What does completely "Upgraded" mean? They can easily improve Portrait Mode in speed of focus and improve the distance from the Beta.

The dual camera will likely improve, but likely it won't be dramatic. It doesn't need to be. It can improve in increments, it doesn't have to be completely overhauled.

7. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Well, Apple could release a 7s that has no changes other than changing the 7 to a 7s.
    They can do anything they like, eh?

Other than idle conversation, 'tis hard to second-guess what Apple might (or might not) do.
    One of these seasons, you may turn out to be delightfully wrong...

8. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

They already used the OIS trump card, and they can't include the dual-cameras on the regular 7s due to the size, but there are still things they can improve on.

For one, they can increase the size of the pixels, since the ones they use on the 7 aren't too big. They can also improve the auto-focus speed, that's something they can definitely work on.

But I kind of agree, the 7 normally wouldn't have had a huge camera improvement like it did, but they had to do it since the design stayed relatively the same. That's why the 7s will be very interesting, as in what they will offer to justify four years of the same design (not counting the anniversary edition).

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

"model ?" What's that all about?

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would think the 7S camera would be upgraded but not so sure about "completely upgraded"

I am not one who wants to see a lot more pixels so maybe they can improve the pixels and use a faster lens.

Only Apple knows for sure.

11. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Here's what Apple would have to do for me to upgrade from my iPhone 6/64GB. And I don't care if they call it a 7S or 8 or X.

I prefer the physical size of the 6/6S/7 over the Plus variants. If they put in the dual camera into the smaller body, I'm in ... provided that my price point is $750 for a 64GB minimum.

If they can roll in the curved/bigger/bezel-free screen at the $750 price point, BONUS.

12. FunkyTang macrumors 6502

My guess is that the 7S+ will have optical image stabilization for both rear lenses.

13. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Well with a rumored 3 different models due to be released this year, I can't see any real big changes that won't foreshadow the "premium" iPhone. I'm sure they'll include some minor gimmick to get others to upgrade, however, it's pretty obvious which device will be highly sought after. I hope the production ramping being pushed up to June is true, or at least the logical thing to do from a supply/demand perspective.

14. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

What does that have to do with what was asked and discussed here?

16. Math889 macrumors 65816

Red color + A11 processor with 3GB of RAM... that would be pretty nice!!
    --- Post Merged, Mar 3, 2017 ---
    A11 processor with 3 GB of RAM ... thats enough reason to upgrade....

17. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Don't get what you'd need that much memory for. The memory footprint of iOS and iOS apps is incredibly low.

18. Math889 macrumors 65816

Oh several camera upgrades came on S models ......

19. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

they will just slap the word "Pro" on it. Thats enough excuse to charge another 100$ extra.

In fact i bet the 7S will be cheaper and start with more storage while the 8 will be more expensive yet with a smaller starter storage option