If the new iPhone looks like this, I'm buying

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kre62, Jul 19, 2012.

1. kre62 macrumors 68000

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

While it looks nice, I don't base my buying decisions only on looks. The specs matter as well.

3. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

I really hope it looks that similar to the 4/4S, because then I wont feel so bad that I have the 4S when the 5 comes out. :p

That looks very slick, however. I read that the 5 supposedly WILL look very similar to the 4/4S, just taller, with a bigger screen. Who really knows what it will look like, until Apple unveils.

I'll be waiting for the iPhone 6 anyways, since I just got the 4S last December. Theres no way I could upgrade every year, not only could I not afford it, but it would drive me crazy to have that "gotta have the newest phone" mentality.

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I don't care what it looks like. If it's on-par with the 4S + has 4G LTE, I'm buying.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

seems like every "leak" has looked like that....the back is really the only thing people are not sure about.

6. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

This is so sad, yet so true. 90% of the speculated images are all focused on the back.

7. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

Makes the s3 look like a plastic piece of garbage that china made.

8. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

Where are iPhones made?

9. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

Well I think that's why Apple is sort of (at least for now) sticking with the basic design that they started with the 4. Honestly, a naked iPhone 4/4S is probably the most Godly looking phone that I have ever laid eyes upon. I'm sure the 5 will look like a 4, just tweaked, slightly different dimensions, but overall keeping the same look. Some might hate that, but I actually like that Apple takes what looks good and sticks with it for a while.

----------

Lol.

10. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Not a big fan of the back. It would get scratched so easily. Looks like I'll have to go with a full case this time around.

11. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

That's how I'm looking at it. While I want a bigger screen, preferably larger than 4", LTE is my main want. Even the Longphone is fine in my book, just give me my LTE so I can be done with this slow dang VZW 3G!:D

12. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I like that back as long as I can get the glass parts in black. Looks pretty slick.

13. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I really don't care what it looks like especially the back as I'll be putting a case on it. I won't see the back again till I take the case off to sell it.

14. iRobajob macrumors newbie

iRobajob

I really like this design. The mock up in black looks exceptionally good. Here's hoping the next iPhone shuts everyone up...

15. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Well, it is plastic (and glass) and made in China. Saying it is 'garbage' just makes you look childish.

As soon as I can pre-order one of these from at&t, i will. Then I can do a nice comparison between the iP4, iP5, the S2 and S3. should be fun.

16. Caliber26, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Here are some other pictures from that set of renders. And you can view the rest here.

I have to admit that the pictures of leaked parts have majorly turned me off, but seeing what it could potentially look like as a finished product does change my mind. It was the same case in 2010, when Gizmodo's unflattering iPhone 4 pictures made many people question the authenticity but once Apple officially unveiled it, many changed their minds about those horrible seams on the antenna. Sure, the iPhone shown in these renders is VERY similar to iPhone 4/4S design, but it's still a very attractive phone. It certainly looks a hell of a lot sharper and sleeker than ANY other device in the market.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

Looking forward to your review (seriously). Your signature is funny too! :)

18. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

I'm just saying this rendering makes the s3 look like the million plastic toys that come out of china which cost almost nothing.

19. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I have to say, the white version looks better than the black this time around. I will probably still end up with the black though, if I get it at all.

20. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

it actually feels really nice in your hands and looks anything but cheap in person

i went white with the 4s and wish i went black...once you go black :)

21. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

My 4S is black. Next time around I am going white.

22. guspasho macrumors regular

I love the fingerprints on the back in that image.

Am I the only one who thinks the two-tone looks really ugly in comparison to the solid back on the 4/4S? Is it necessary for LTE or something? Otherwise, why do it?

23. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

You're not the only one that finds the S3 design language lacking taste and style.

24. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Would probably have more to do with the supposed NFC chip that is alleged to be in there.

25. imswimmin macrumors regular

Wow really? I think the white one looks really ugly here... Maybe its because I don't really like how the aluminum is just "randomly" (maybe there's a function, not sure though) there on the backplate. On the white one, it really stands out. At least on the black one you can barely notice it.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this phone looks weirdly unproportional and that backplate just doesn't seem to flow from the white to aluminum and black to whatever that is... If this is how the next one looks, I'm definitely sticking with my 4S. I was considering upgrading as soon as possible because I really want 4G, but if that's how it looks... :(

----------

However, if the whole thing was made of aluminum, by golly, would I have a complete change of heart. But sadly the renders aren't...