If the next iPhone has a 4 inch screen...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by irDigital0l, Mar 20, 2012.

1. irDigital0l Guest

Would it be possible for Apple to move the spotlight search to the top of the home screen? Between the status bar and the top row of apps. That would allow them to place widgets (like the ones in notification center where the spotlight page originally was. Of course it could be disabled and you could choose what you want.

Just something that came to my mind or would that be too ugly/not Apple's style?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

HIGHLY doubt that. If they wanted to, it could be done with the iPad right now. It would look waay too cluttered on the iPhone.

3. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

There is no keyboard on the home screen. So you would have to tap some tiny little search bar. Right now just swipe right...done.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

too ugly and a waste of screen real estate.

5. chuges macrumors member

i think it's more probable that they make the multitasking screen show widgets when you double click the home button. That way you can access it from everywhere, and it sort of goes along with the theme of "expanded accessibility" that's already in that window (multitasking + music controls)

6. walie macrumors 6502a

you mean like this?

[​IMG]

7. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I wouldn't mind actual widgets, but I think the way spotlight is right now is ok. I like the idea of the widgets in the multitask bar as well.

The regular icons themselves should have been given widget capability a few generations ago. There is no good reason why the weather app couldn't show the current temp and condition for your area. Yes it strains the battery, but having it be an option kills that argument.

Not sure why apple doesn't do this stuff. Notification center was a step, but I for one can't stand it and don't use it.

8. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

They should move spotlight into the Notification Center, above the widgets.

The whole idea of Spotlight is for it to be quickly accessible to do your search, it should be quickly accessible from anywhere, working in an app, pull down the notification center, search, launch.

As it is now, you have to go to your homescreen, then swipe a few pages if you aren't on the first page or press the home button again and then search, it's too slow and cumbersome, how many of you actually use the Spotlight actively? I bet not many, if you back up to the homescreen you might just as well start looking for that app on the page.

9. aluren macrumors 65816

I wouldn't mind either if it blends into the wallpaper background. And adding a Siri button on there would be great as well, since then it won't be a hidden assistant.

10. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

I have my Spotlight Search disabled. Love having a Jailbroken phone!

11. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

It would be nice to have but from what A LOT of other posts have said is apple will NEVER have an iPhone will a bigger screen. :rolleyes:

James

12. Bingbonghoho macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

Spotlight is ridiculous. Last time I used it was NEVER!

13. brian1999 macrumors newbie