If the "scuff gate" becomes real and big....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GeorgieAcevedo, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Remember how apple provided us with free bumpers so we can shut the **** up ? Yeah me too.

So I was thinking if maybe this is real, there could be a possibility apple offer us a free color exchange from black to white? Maybeeeeee? Just maybeeee?

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

It will if people keep posting about it. [​IMG]

And no.

3. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I think it would be cheaper just giving away cases rather than taking in all of these black iphones and refurbing them

4. GeorgieAcevedo thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

wow i feel it, new free bumpers coming :rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. pragmatous macrumors 65816

You do have 30 days to exchange

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

8. Powrie macrumors 6502

9. Castle87 macrumors regular

Yeah, giving out white iphones might work for females. But what about all those hetero men? Because obviously a white phone is out of the question.

10. CH34P3T macrumors regular

Yeah, but the antenna-gate on the iPhone 4 affected the phones reception. The scuff gate is purely cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality of the phone whatsoever.

11. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

As soon as I get mine i'm spraying 3 or 4 layers of clear coat and waxing my baby down :D

12. txflyfish macrumors member

It won't....ScuffGate will live under the shadows of Mapple

13. darster Suspended

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's what Im talking about:D

15. appswipe macrumors 6502

...or maybe they'll just issue a big rectangular Apple sticker

Personally, I was so happy to finally go case-free on the 4 series because the glass was pretty much scratch proof. But now theyre back to aluminum, and if its anything like the first iPhone or some MacBooks then it has a high potential of dents, discoloration or damage. So I may order a case to use until we figure out the long term affect of everyday use.

16. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Can someone please explain what "scuff-gate" is?

17. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

18. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

"Moral of this story: be careful, or get a case."

19. noteple macrumors 65816

20. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I think the case may make it worse. I plan to not worry about it. I find worrying so much about my posessions makes me a crappy person. I learned to let go long ago.

21. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

It's something for people to obsess over for the next 8 hours until they get their hands on their phone... Why people would switch colors over a possible issue with the edges on the black model showing wear is beyond me. If the issue exists, it would fall under the category of manufacturing defect, entitling you to free replacements even without AppleCare. Black or white, your phone will not stay pristine unless you mummify it with all sorts of protection, making it look even worse. I would rather let it get a bit of wear and then exchange it in a year under AppleCare+ (worst-case $50 fee, best-case for free as a defect) in order to sell it for the next upgrade.

In fact, when I sold my 4S, I made it clear on eBay that while the phone was in excellent condition, it may show slight wear but could be exchanged with $50 fee at any time for cosmetic issues. It sold for a great price! The average person doesn't care about slight wear, and takes comfort in the fact that if it ever does become very bothersome they have the *option* of swapping it out. As long as that option is there, very slight wear isn't that bothersome to most people.

We won't know for sure what the real situation is until we each get our hands on our ip5. The sample group is wayyyyy too small to say anything close to definite.

----------

QFT +1 Ditto ^ Yes x1000000000

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Very well said.
    There's more important things in life than worrying if your cellphone will get a scratch on the side of the metal band and if you will be able to live with it:D

23. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

If people are that worried about it, return the black one unopened and get a white one. I plan on keeping my cool looking black one but that is just me :).

24. skidbubble macrumors 6502

No, you are not entitled to anything. It does not affect the function or the performance of the phone at all, whatsoever. Do you get a brand new car every time your car gets scuffed? Not likely, because the car will still function.

25. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Good god how many threads do we have to have on stupid "scuff gate". And if people purposely try to scuff their phone just to prove it can happen they're idiots. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.