If they swap my phone, no jb for me??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Howmanyds, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Howmanyds macrumors newbie

My battery has started draining at a ridiculous rate of about 1% every couple of minutes if I'm using the phone (just checking settings are light apps, no heavy gaming) or maybe 5-10% an hour when it's just in my pocket. I've tried a number of suggestions that are iOS specific, not jailbreak specific. I haven't added any new jb tweaks recently. THe last was anyvoice, about a month ago.

I'm guessing the apple store will just swap my phone out for me, but in order to take it in there, I need to unjailbreak it, right? And then if they swap me, I'm stuck with 5.1, right? Currently unjailbreakable on my iPhone 4S.

THoughts?

2. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

95% positive 5.1 will be on the phone. Tough break.

3. Howmanyds thread starter macrumors newbie

4. daemonite macrumors member

Charge your phone up to 100%, close all background apps and lock it. In the morning what is it at?

My phone under use (texting constantly) will chew up 1% per 5-10 minutes and around 10% an hour

5. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

Also, how many location services do you have enabled? Turn off all Location services. How many email addresses?, Push or Fetch?, How often?

6. Howmanyds thread starter macrumors newbie

I just reset all system settings so the only location services are for camera, siri, and find my iPhone. I have three accounts, including iCloud. They're all on push, but I don't get messages more than once or twice an hour if that makes a difference.

I removed openssh which seemed to make a difference at first, but not so much after an hour or two. I'm noticing though, that my iPhone is showing up in both iTunes and Finder or my Mac, without being plugged in, a feature that I had added with the netatalk cydia tweak. I have long since removed that tweak (maybe two weeks ago) but perhaps files were left behind??

Is it possible to re-jailbreak with fresh files now that 5.1 is out?