If they translate the black aluminum nanos' coloring to the new Blackbook..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kanketsu, Sep 9, 2008.

1. kanketsu macrumors member

Well, from what I've heard so far, the new Macbooks is likely to come only in silver + black accent ala MBA/ iMac. The Oreo design :D
    (We don't know that for a fact, though)

I was hoping that they keep the all-black option color for Macbook, and I would be very happy if the new blackbook looks similar to the just released black nanos.
    Not sure whether the black color will peel off easily (is it painted?)...

So... who else wants to see that in the new Blackbook?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I believe the Nanos are all metal so no pealing. Much like the old Minis.

If they had an all metal black macbook I'd be stoked. I am not a fan of the so-called oreo look as people seem to call it.

Either way I'm looking to buy the most current gen today after they release a new gen. I haven't a need for a high-dollar laptop since my PowerBook suits me fine.

3. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I just don't see it...

Somehow, I can't see the white MB going. It's iconic. The white and black iphone for example. I don't see that Apple feels the need that everything should look exactly the same. That would be kind of boring. I can't picture the Macbooks looking like the iPod Classics. Who knows though. Anything could happen.

4. kanketsu thread starter macrumors member

Glad to know that I'm not the only one :)

5. mbleopard macrumors regular

I would definitely buy an all black aluminum macbook, that would like awesome, Im kind of curious after seeing all the new ipod colors today if they will offer the new MB, MBP in multiple colors, not just white, black, or bare aluminum as they are now

6. kanketsu thread starter macrumors member

Well, I'm not sure if having the MB available, ready in that many colors can be considered cost-efficient... but hey, it would be interesting to see that happen! :)

But I do hope that the redesigned MB, in addition to whatever color scheme they choose as standard, also come in black.

7. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

I'd be all over a MacBook in the colour/material scheme of the silver new nano!

8. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

9. Breegy macrumors 6502

Breegy

I don't like the 'Oreo' style either. Solid colors are for me with hardly noticable black and white accents are for me. Not like the way the MBA and the new silver iPod is...

10. Clayne macrumors 6502

I like the silver, even with the black accent.

But I'd DEFINITELY choose an anodized black aluminum one over plain aluminum.

11. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Join the Club :D you arent the only one :D

and having metal casing w/ black would be the LAPTOP OF MY Dreams -- IF they also made the following changes:

1. Metal casing that has been anodized black AND Backlit Keyboard similar to the MBA - but this is assuming that the KEYS are the SAME color as the casing -- cuz the MBA looks ugly cuz of discolored keys... =(
    2. 7200 RPM Drive Option for 200/250GB [many base laptops have this]
    3. Intel's NEW 180GB Solid State Disk!!! [this was released for Intel at the same price of a 32 GB SSD -- about $450]
    4. Faster Processor --> atleast 2.8 Ghz Core2Duo - MAYBE an option for a Mobile Quadcore processor(not likely at all)
    5. Better Graphics -- atleast Intel GMA X4500 - which actually benches close to the Ge Force 8400 -- but i prefer to have a dedicated card - cuz i play CASUAL games -- if not then atleast put a Mobile ATI card or something.
    6. Up to 6GB of RAM -- atleast -- i need more than 4 GB Because i use REALLY ram intensive apps in Vista (but not graphics intensive - cuz then i would buy a MBP)
    7. Support for 64 Bit versions of Vista - which is surprisingly stable for a windows operating system!!! i have had NO problems - and that's really saying something! becuz normally windows has soooo many glitches- but the 64 Bit is Flawless :D
    8. Price Cuts!!!! - BIG Price Cuts!!!!
    9. 802.16 Wireless Infrastructure - a friend of mine is developing this and its not for the public - but compared to wireless N - you get about 12 times the Range and 4 times the speed of N - which is 20 Times the speed of g (N is 5x G)

12. notdarkyet macrumors newbie

notdarkyet

Would love to see an aluminum Blackbook...
    would love even more to see a Product(RED) Macbook. :eek:

As long as the new design is durable, though, I'm good with just about anything.
    Don't disappoint me, Apple... no more questionable products, please. :apple:

13. kanketsu thread starter macrumors member

Glad to be in the club. :)

However, I wonder if our numbers are significant enough for Apple to keep the Blackbook..

14. kanketsu thread starter macrumors member

15. MVApple macrumors 6502a

I think the black macbook is one of the nicest looking laptops around. I'd love it if they came out with a black macbook again. I'm sure they know how much everyone likes the black macbook.

16. kanketsu thread starter macrumors member

So the coffin has finally been shut.

Now I don't know what to get. Should I go with the Blackbook, or go with the supposedly more powerful Oreobook but getting annoyed all the time?
    Or perhaps I should just stay with my white Macbook.

However, if there's a 3rd party releasing a kind of "black jacket", it would be a different story. Well, I don't really mind the outer case being silver; it's just the silver around black keyboard that bugs me much.

Maybe I should just slap black duct tape over it? :D