If this isn't treason, I don't know what is.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Jul 9, 2017.

1. citizenzen, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017

citizenzen macrumors 65816

Russia hacked into our election, and now trump wants to partner with them to prevent future hacking? :confused: He'd be handing our security over to the very group interested in circumventing it, and giving them access to whatever they wanted because they would be in on setting up the security apparatus.

That is insanity. Or it's treason. Donald trump is betraying America right in front of our eyes.

It's like the cuckold husband forming a security unit with his wife's lover, who promises to keep her from having any affairs while the husband is away.

2. zin macrumors 6502

There is NO proof released by anybody that Russia 'hacked' into your election. NOBODY from the U.S. Government has inspected the servers alleged to have been breached by Russian state actors because the Democrats refused access to the FBI on multiple occasions.

If you want proof that the fake liberals have well and truly gone off the deep end on Russia, look no further than your post and thread title. There is NOTHING in the tweet or elsewhere that indicates he is "giving them access to whatever they wanted".

One last point: if I wanted critical analysis of events surrounding Russia, the last place I would look is the CIA-lackey Washington Post. Just look at the two stories that surfaced immediately after the good meeting with Russia. It is absolutely clear the so-called Deep State is trying to pull the strings for the benefit of the military-industrial complex, which feeds off of conflict, especially with Russia. After all, without the Russian boogeyman, how will they convince you to buy the guns and soldiers stationed across Eastern Europe?

3. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

What a complete jackass and I'm sure all of his stupid supporters will think it's a great idea. Maybe we should team up with Russia to help develop our next generation of military technologies and capabilities.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Russia did invade Ukraine.

5. jkcerda, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2017

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

signing indefinite detention w/o trial into law sure fits.

6. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I'm truly happy that the U.K. has universal healthcare.

7. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

Wouldn't it be better to see Russia as an friend and not an enemy
    Although there is the risk that putin is playing trump, trump does appear to be as thick as pig ****

8. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

The following report (https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf) was released by the Director of National Intelligence in January, and represents the work of the CIA, FBI and NSA ...

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

10. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I think 'treason' is hyperbole, but then again when does somebody's stupidity reach a level that can be called 'criminal'? ;)
    --- Post Merged, Jul 9, 2017 ---
    Don't forget they hacked the GOP as well allegedly.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

doesn't bother me one bit, by all means expose their wrong doings :D

12. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I feel like the phrase "Russian hacked into our election" shortchanges the complexity of Russia's influence. (You can see why based on zin's post, which conflates the DNC hack with other larger Russian propaganda efforts and the likely use of Wikileaks as a Russian cut-out operation.)

I also don't see how this is treason per se. If the president orders the CIA and other intelligence agencies to give over source code, breach data, or security protocols, now you've got something.

It's likely that such a "security apparatus" would just be an agreement. And, considering that it's the Trump administration, they'll probably punt and call it a touchdown.

That said, it makes Trump sound hilariously naive.
    Sure, but Russia's the kind of friend who wrecks your car and drinks all the beer. While we don't need another Cold War, but the Russians are clearly acting as antagonists.

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

That's because of your narrow view of hacking as something that deals only with the past elections. Cyberterrorism is NOT about the elections, it's about a much bigger problem. Including hacking of companies, and individuals which is a big problem for both countries (and Europe). It's a good move; it's a cooperation aimed at coordinating some efforts. It's not that any of the two countries gave away authority or anything.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

by exposing the DNC's misdeeds? :rolleyes: thanks Putin :D

15. zin macrumors 6502

I've read the report. The "report" is nothing like the one released by Congress regarding the OPM hack by the Chinese. That report is 198 pages long and beefy on technical details (and that incident was an attack on a U.S. Government agency by another state, which incidentally did not result in sanctions on China or Chinese diplomatic compounds being shut down). This is 25 pages of "...consistent with our understanding of Russian behaviour", public comments made by Putin, along with aggregations of the social media interactions of Russia Today. The so-called "report" paints a nice narrative, but it unfortunately lacks that which I termed 'proof'.

16. linuxcooldude, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017

linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Not only that but the CIA/NSA have hacking tools that make it look like its from another country. Being consistent the way Russia does cyber hacking is not proof and someone could as easily spoof it to make it look like Russia. Fake report...lol.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

liberals can't handle trump, funny as hell.

18. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Watch your language there chief. All you do is insult the other side.

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Considering that a large number of hacks appear to originate from Russia, I'm not sure that Russia is the best partner for mitigating cyberterrorism. It's akin to asking for North Korea to help with weapons proliferation.

That said, you're right to point out that "It's not that any of the two countries gave away authority or anything." It's just an agreement, and until DHS starts hosting members of the FSB in D.C., it doesn't matter much.

Careful. The DNC hack and the release was not designed to "expose the DNC's misdeeds." It was designed to make the election appear illegitimate and hurt Clinton, who was likely to press Russia for seizing Crimea. Just because it had the ancillary benefit of showing that the DNC was acting poorly, doesn't meant that it was a positive or beneficial outcome.

Wait until the RNC gets cracked and we see just what kind of candy is in that piñata. I suspect that the DNC's screwing around with Sanders will pale in comparison to structures designed to hurt voter participation. (See Kobach, et. al.)
    So, we're just throwing out everything the CIA/NSA says now? Okay. So, who do we believe?

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

appear? you kidding, it WAS ILLEGITIMATE . SHE CHEATED with the help of the DNC, hell she ****ing hired those who helped her cheat like DWS. you seriously think the crooked one who along with her crooked husband received millions in bribes..............er "donations" to the foundation so the Russian could get some of our Uranium was going to press Russia? please :rolleyes:

21. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

IMG_1807.JPG

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

then stop doing it, the OP does not know what was TREASON, hence the quote of what is in my post.

23. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Ok, intellectually challenged if you prefer and let's not forget that these are people who have contempt for education, they embrace ignorance.

24. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Not many. If you can't trust the previous State Dept, Justice Dept, Director of the FBI. As was seen by Comeys testimony with Loretta Lynches involvement with interfering with an investigation many times. As was mentioned, the "Deep State" have people still loyal to the Democrats in the intelligence community. We need to have them removed and replaced.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

no matter how much hillary was exposed they still voted for her,,,,,,,,,,,, those people?