If Tim Cook announced today ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stu.h, Aug 21, 2012.

1. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

"Right, the new iPhone is now available for pre-order today, unfortunately you cannot see it or hear of the specs until the 12th. All I can tell you is that the pricing is the same as last years 4S."

How many would pre-order NOW?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I would. I really want a new phone and would assume it is what we have seen

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Out of everyone who has bitched about the previous designs, they have likely also bought one. I would think there would be slightly fewer sales but there is a lot of faith in Apple, still.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think we have seen enough leaks to know what it looks like
    And it is pretty certain the specs would be as good or better than the 4s
    So most who are already set on buying would go ahead and get on the train and not risk waiting a month or more for a back order

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

People say this same thing (fewer sales) with every "disappointing" design, including the 3GS, 4 and 4S. Look where Apple is with regards to sales.

Personally, I'd like to see the white iPhone before ordering it. I could never bring myself to get a white one in the past and I think the two tone back will change that but I'd like to see the final production design first even though it'd look the same.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I think she meant slightly fewer pre-order sales (sight unseen) than we normally see with an iPhone announcement, not that total sales would drop (once the device was launched)

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I did indeed mean slightly fewer pre-order sales. I do not believe, not even a little, that people who bitch about the latest design aren't out there buying. Even I laughed at the iPad and less than a month later was hunting down one when they first came out.

8. stu.h thread starter macrumors 65816

stu.h

I've had the white 4S since December, but am liking very much the dark / gunmetal type effect.

Hell, where do I sign Tim?

9. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

You don't even know what the device looks like. For all we know, this (the leaks) is a new iPod touch design.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

even so, you know it will be an upgrade from what you currently have. If you have had every generation of iphone, why would this be any different?

11. bartonlynch macrumors regular

It's bad, but I'd definitely buy it. It would be a good social experiment to see how many pre-orders they would get.

12. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

I find it hard to believe that people who spend time posting on this site would not order.

13. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

agreed.

14. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I don't buy every generation iPhone.

The antenna, for example, was a downgrade when going from the iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4.

15. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Everything else was an upgrade....and I never had an issue with gripping the antenna a certain way and losing service. The only way I could mimic that issue was by intentionally covering the outside of the phone.

16. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

As long as it has a shiny apple logo on the back, i'd buy it!
    I don't care about screen size, specs, etc.

17. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

You mean like in... holding it in your hand and covering up one little seam?
    I never got it to lose signal, either, but data speeds went drastically down as soon as I hold it, normally, in my left hand.

18. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I thought you had to cover at least 2 of the 3 antennas. I really didn't pay much attention to the problem b.c I did not experience it :)

19. stu.h thread starter macrumors 65816

stu.h

I never had the problem either. If I held it with say 2 hands tight round the bottom of the phone, I could possibly get it to drop 1 bar, but you'd never hold your phone like this anyways..

20. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

It has to say something about me as a consumer, and Apple products in particular, but yes I would pre-order it without having seen it. This is actually a very interesting poll.

21. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

That wasn't necessary.

22. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I wouldn't pre-order it without seeing it. I don't have enough money to go around making un-educated purchases.

23. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

People buy things every day based on expectations or prior knowledge....not really that un-educated of a purchase.

Now if it was like will you buy the new "rawr phone" having no idea what it is, that would be stupid.

You know it is an iphone, you know it has ios6, you pretty much know what you are getting.

24. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

You don't know at all what you're getting. He could even sell you an iPhone 3G that is somehow running iOS 6.

25. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

if that is truly what you believe, I do not know what to say. They have announced IOS6 and features...probably the single most important piece of a phone these days...software! We have 5 other generations of iphones to go off of. Most of us own other apple products. I am assured a quality product that is top of the line and syncs with all of my devices.

If you really feel you have no idea what you are getting, I cannot even begin to entertain you with this conversation. Oh and past rumors with leaked parts have been 100% accurate 100% of the time.