*If* Trump Was To Drop Or Be Forced Out, Who Could Beat Hillary?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My answer: no one. Cruz, no.2 in the primaries? He's not well liked across the GOP spectrum either.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I doubt he'll be forced out, and I have a hard time seeing his ego let him drop out. However, I suppose his pique could overcome his ego.

Hillary is the luckiest presidential candidate in history.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

4. Huntn, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Other than abandoning and denouncing Trump, is there a mechanism to remove him officially as the GOP nominee?

BBC: Can Republicans really dump Trump?
    Some conservatives are holding out hope that an obscure Republican National Committee manoeuvre could rid them of Mr Trump as the nominee. The theory is the RNC could declare Mr Trump "not of sound mind" and remove him under the aforementioned Rule Nine, which caters for a candidate being incapacitated by an ailment like a stroke.

The Sunday debate could be cancelled. I can see Hillary saying, He's clearly unqualified and despicable. I won't spend any more time debating this sorry excuse of a man.

5. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

I think that Paul Ryan could easily win if he ran against Hillary. However, I doubt that it will happen.

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah maybe Paul Ryan. But wouldn't Pence end up at the top? Or does he just end up as nothing at all as if he was never on the ticket? (Sucks for him!)

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump will say he never wanted to be President anyway.

The tin foil hat is that it was never his intention to be President - that he ran to knock out all viable candidates with the intent of giving Hillary the White House. And now is self-imploding.

He won't win the Presidency - and I doubt much of everything that has been thrown at him will affect too much of his business. We shall see...

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

His business has already been affected by his campaign. This won't help.

http://usuncut.com/politics/trump-campaign-hurting-hotel-business/

http://fortune.com/2016/08/01/donald-trump-hotels-sales/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/katieso...e-start-of-presidential-campaign/#65ea0afa5bb

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Don't know or. Care. Just answering the op as to who could beat Hillary

10. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I'm more curious about how this debate will go down on Sunday.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Every woman should give him that look, just before asking their question.

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Nobody at this point. This election is over.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm curious if there even is one. At what point is it just going through the motions here?

14. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Right now it's difficult to imagine him even showing his face at this debate.

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I hope they cancel or postpone it. My wife says the debate has precedence over football.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

They should fill that room with only women.

17. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

A genius or even an insightful person should have projected ahead the possible negatives of a run for President in combination with the revelations about his character on his businesses. However being buoyed by his basket of deplorables went to his head. We live in a digital age where many, many things are recorded. I blame his narcissism for overlooking the possibility, it turns out inevitable dirty laundry that would surface revealing the man is always looking for a good lay.

Now is that unfair? More men and some women, I assume look for good lays, but there is a social standard to be met even for recreational sex, decorum, good manners, and consent to avoid being called a sexist pig. It seems that some of those who have power/wealth and attractive sexual partners throwing themselves at them frequently, develop a sense of sexual entitlement. See it-> nail it, no problem. They will never believe you, I'm rich. :oops:

18. jkcerda, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Renz said if I didn't post this he'd hit me. :(

Dropping a candidate so close to the election? Unless the Republicans were to run a candidate with stunning universal appeal, who can bridge both sides of the aisle, and come out looking like the last shining hope of America (basically universal healthcare, gun loving Jesus), there's no one they could run this late in the game that could beat Hillary.

People won't want to vote for a party that looks like it's in complete disarray, which dropping Trump now would only serve to illustrate. By now, I imagine that their strategy is to keep him on the ticket, but distance themselves from him, so they'll still have a shot at stocking the house and senate. On the off chance he wins, they can work together with the Democrats to minimize any damage he might cause over the next 4 years.

...though now that I think about it, maybe Trump being such a toxic piece of political suicide is a good thing. He's so damn godawful terrible, the amount of damage control required to reign him in could bridge the great political divide, bringing both parties together to save our economy and international reputation.

Holy ****! Instead of bashing him, maybe we all should be voting for him. SHORT TERM LOSSES FOR LONG TERM GAINS!

TRUMP 2016!

Yeah. Trump 2016 :D

19. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

That's possible but doubtful (working together to counter President Trust), plus I don't like that kind of gamble. ;)

military-bomb-nuclear_bomb-nuclear_weapon-weapon-explosion-gra060126_low.jpg

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I hear Jeb! is tanned, rested, and ready.

21. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

[​IMG]

22. chown33, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016

chown33 macrumors 604

Oh come on. Where's that quintessential American "Can Do" attitude?
    EDIT: This entire post is satire, folks.
    Here's a modest proposal: What if Trump apologized. No, really. What if he didn't just tweet an apology, but went on national TV and gave a heartfelt, sincere, and convincing apology. Not just a "Sorry if you were offended" apology, but a real "I don't deserve it but I'm asking for forgiveness" apology.

If Ryan Lochte can make a public apology, and then show up on "Dancing With The Stars" and not be voted off the first week, then why can't Donald Trump also make a public apology and not get voted into oblivion?

If America is anything, we're a nation of second chances. Not free rides, and not infinite do-overs. But second chances honestly earned, starting with acknowledgement of past mistakes, and a sincere promise to do better. And not just a promise to do better, but to be seen doing better, every day, in every way.

Yeah, I'm posting this from a little cafe in Colorado, and I've just had the most amazing and wonderful brownies. The best brownies ever, in fact.

23. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

this guy doesnt deserve a ****ing free burger let alone a 2nd chance to redeem himself