If Trump's America wants to appease Russia, then will end up appeasing Iran too

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Because Putin's Russia has invested a considerable amount of time, money, and manpower bolstering the Shia axis between Tehran and Damascus. In fact, the Russian-Syrian-Iranian victory in Syria is a crowning achievement for Putin as we speak. The Western-backed rebels in Aleppo are all but destroyed.

In fact, the "mop up" operations and extermination (mass slaughter) of Western-backed rebels is all but guaranteed once President Trump takes office, since he will turn a blind eye when Russia/Iran/Assad forces go out and massacre all those surviving rebels that 1) tried to take out Assad and 2) shot down numerous Russian aircraft and 3) killed several Iranian/Hezbollah battlefield commanders

So, do the Conservatives/Republicans embrace this idea that your President Trump will end up strengthening Iranian-Hezbollah-Syrian hegemony in the MidEast, as a side effect of cozying up to Russian foreign policy?

If I ask the above question to current GOP Senators…. I'm quite certain many of them will squirm at the thought. Many GOP hawks like John McCain would bristle at the very thought. Am I wrong?

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Trump doesn't understand how these things work, and nobody can tell him otherwise because he truly believes he knows everything. Our only hope is that congress and senate can work around him.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'll admit to embracing that idea if you admit to embracing the idea that you were cool with arming terrorists, abandoning Iraq and getting into more middle eastern quagmires what somehow good for America. Sounds fair to me.

4. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68040

Solomani

Nice try.

I didn't support the Obama-Clinton-McCain plan of trying to topple Assad or even Gaddafi. Never have. I think it was dumb to begin with. But then you don't pay attention.

My foreign policy outlook aligned more with Rand Paul.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Syria is a smoking crater, Hezbollah is a irregular terrorist group, and Iran is a Shi'a state surrounded by Sunnis. How exactly is that hegemony?

6. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

CIA is furious because Trump is not playing their Syria treason game. Here is some of al-Qaeda’s weapons cache from East Aleppo, provided by your friendly neighborhood treason-committing Obama and CIA.

7. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68040

Solomani

@ Jess,

Do you ever wonder (or fear) that the CIA has been keeping tabs on you for some time now? I mean, you bring up so many anti-CIA conspiracy theories…..

8. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Let's see, Russia slaps Obama around for 8 years after Obama and Clinton cravenly suck up to them with the Reset. Trump can't do worse than Obama, and given that he's got three or four cabinet members who will take the hardline against Russia, I'm sure he'll do better.

At the very least, Trump won't give ransom for hostages the way Obama did to Iran.