Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
It seems a new part or bit of info leaks about the iPhone 5 (whether credible or not) every other day.

We barely have received any info on the mini and have seen no supposed parts.

I personally can not wait for a mini, but I am getting a bit worried that we are not going to see one this year.

LVappleNOTfnboi

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2011
Simple, There will be no new Ipad mini. Im confused why so many are expecting the Ipad mini with no solid proof. No part leaks, no video, no documents what so ever. New apple products are predictable when leading up to a new launch. We always get leaks of parts or video, but nothing of the mini with a month to go.

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
It seems a new part or bit of info leaks about the iPhone 5 (whether credible or not) every other day.

I personally can not wait for a mini, but I am getting a bit worried that we are not going to see one this year.

iPad mini sux.

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Feb 29, 2012
The competition with 7" tablets began late this year, we will maybe see one next year since they can't make one up in 4 months or so.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
At this point the rumors seem heavy on wishful thinking and light on any substance
It is still possible to see one, but the lack of any credible parts leaks, etc. does seem to cast a lot of doubt

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Simple, There will be no new Ipad mini. Im confused why so many are expecting the Ipad mini with no solid proof. No part leaks, no video, no documents what so ever. New apple products are predictable when leading up to a new launch. We always get leaks of parts or video, but nothing of the mini with a month to go.

Well some of the more credible sources have said that they are working on one, so that is at least something. No parts is indeed strange.

Yep no iPad mini. Why do they need one??

Because people want one?

iPad mini sux.

Well said. You must have one then?

There will be no iPAd mini.

Cool, thanks for your input. You work for Apple then?

At this point the rumors seem heavy on wishful thinking and light on any substance
It is still possible to see one, but the lack of any credible parts leaks, etc. does seem to cast a lot of doubt

5 replies to get to one logical and sound one. Jeez...

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
It seems highly unlikely that we will be seeing an iPad mini at this event. If it was launching this September it seems highly likely that parts leaks would have begun.

If it is coming out this year it seems far more likely it ships in late October than in September.

MF878

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
I think if we do see an iPad mini, it will come out with the fourth generation iPad. It makes little sense for Apple to have two products from the same line updated at different times.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
I would not hold your breath waiting for an iPad mini announcement this Fall

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
This fall will be all about the new iPhone and new iPod line.

Introducing too many products at the same time can dilute your impact so we won't see it this year.

Next March at the iPad event however we are far more likely to see the iPad mini, if it really does exist.

Imagine it, the keynote goes on as usual.

-Here's some updates
-Customers are loving the new iPhone
-Heres the new retail stores, and they are very successful
-We're improving the iPad, HD facetime and faster processor
-Here's some new apps we've made for it
-Thanks for coming
-Oh one more thing.... It also comes in a 7" model starting at £249

BOOM!

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
I can't see an iPad mini arriving this year. Apple is in no rush, as they can easily wait until March to announce both new iPads.
the current iPad is still being introduced to some countries.

Dan14

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
Imagine it, the keynote goes on as usual.

-Here's some updates
-Customers are loving the new iPhone
-Heres the new retail stores, and they are very successful
-We're improving the iPad, HD facetime and faster processor
-Here's some new apps we've made for it
-Thanks for coming
-Oh one more thing.... It also comes in a 7" model starting at £249

BOOM!

Whether it's 2012 or 2013, that's definitely how it will go down!

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
People, realize one thing. Stop thinking that you know everything, because you don't. Nobody knows if there will be a iPad Mini or not. We just have to wait and see. You may have your opinions on why you don't think that there will be a new iPad Mini, but stop commenting on these posts saying "THERE WILL NOT BE AN IPAD MINI", because you don't know if there will or will not.

Dan14

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
People, realize one thing. Stop thinking that you know everything, because you don't.

Oh the irony...

Nobody knows if there will be a iPad Mini or not. We just have to wait and see. You may have your opinions on why you don't think that there will be a new iPad Mini, but stop commenting on these posts saying "THERE WILL NOT BE AN IPAD MINI", because you don't know if there will or will not.

I don't think I've ever read a post that contradicts itself so much. You write a post, just to tell us not to post, about not wanting to hear about people's opinions, in which you give your own?

:rolleyes:

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Oh the irony...

I don't think I've ever read a post that contradicts itself so much. You write a post, just to tell us not to post, about not wanting to hear about people's opinions, in which you give your own?

:rolleyes:

Ok, may be I wrote my post incorrectly. What I meant is, if your going to write a post saying that there will not be a new iPad Mini, at least say "I believe there will not be an iPad mini this year because...and give some valid reasons". Not just, NO THERE IS NO IPAD MINI.

Dan14

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
Ok, may be I wrote my post incorrectly. What I meant is, if your going to write a post saying that there will not be a new iPad Mini, at least say "I believe there will not be an iPad mini this year because...and give some valid reasons". Not just, NO THERE IS NO IPAD MINI.

Agreed.

I think there will be an iPad Mini introduced within the next 12 months because Apple need to have a product in the market to compete with the pricepoint of the continually introduced low priced tablets, which at the moment is the Nexus 7 and Kindle xxx, if they are truly about market domination.

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Agreed.

I think there will be an iPad Mini introduced within the next 12 months because Apple need to have a product in the market to compete with the pricepoint of the continually introduced low priced tablets, which at the moment is the Nexus 7 and Kindle xxx.

Yep, Apple doesn't like having the spotlight stolen off them, even if they neither had it. They'll get it, or at least try.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
To be fair I would say for leaks it's a demand issue. There is more demand for iPhone info so that's what some of these leak sites pay for, but there have been some parts leaks on the mini. I do agree that it makes more sense to have a mini brought out during the spring iPad event so don't be expecting it this Fall. I think what we are hearing about the mini is based on sample prototypes and production has not started, when it does more leaks will be forthcoming. This September will be for iPhones and iPods and that will be exciting enough.

fighterfoo

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
I work in retail, and never heard anyone complain that the iPad was too big.

I think that the iPad mini would take away from 10" iPad sales, not other Android tablets.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009

Remember the original iPhone? No leaks. Remember the original iPad? No leaks until just an hour before the announcement (an image of a tablet screwed to a table running Google Maps).

Usually, only revisions of existing products leak out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.