If we can't agree on a budget.... Make the GOP bill law anyway?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by R.Perez, Mar 30, 2011.

1. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

3. mcrain, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Yes, but it's their way of saying that all the problems that will occur when they refuse to compromise are the Democrats fault. They tried to keep the government running, but the Democrats in the Senate wouldn't agree, and not only would they not agree, they were so callous to refuse to pass their very reasonable bill that did nothing but give them everything they wanted.

Fox News and every right-wing nutcase on the radio will push the story line that the Republicans tried to avoid a shutdown and all the damage (potential recession) could have been avoided if the Democrats would have just been willing to compromise (i.e. do what the Republicans want).

4. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

The republicans should be reminded that they still have no power, i wonder who gave them the false idea that they do. They need to be kept in their place.

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

pretty much but the response from the Dems could say this is the GOP excuse for not comprising. They want this to go threw so they do not have to agree to anything.
    As for the Media I stop listening to Fox news, CNN, MSNBC and other TV media a long time ago for anything like this. NPR is where I get most of my news today on political stuff. It is less bias than the others (left or right) as I find those listed above do not bother reporting the truth on this stuff at all. NPR at least is fairly honest.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I am utterly floored by the Republicans' naked, scorched earth, heads-I-win-tails-you-lose, screw-everybody tactics. They used to at least attempt to conceal their disrespect for everyone else under a thin veil of faux statesmanship -- but ever since last November, they've been openly contemptuous of everybody but themselves and their contributors. It's like the entire party's gone Charlie Sheen.

Thank God we've got a Democratic Senate and president. It's scary to think how crazy they'd go it they had no checks at all.

8. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Madison

[​IMG]