if we did the pre- 2.0 how can we officially upgrade to 2.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rijowysock, Jul 10, 2008.

1. rijowysock macrumors member

it says "this is the current version"

so when the 2.0 gets genuinly released, how to we get that.. ive had some minor problems with the "pre-2.0" so figuring it must be a beta and not official

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

perhaps it says this is the current version because they havnt released the official 2.0 yet
    so when the system checks for your software version, it sees the latest know version

when the new one is released, you'll most likley be prompted for an update
    if you arent, then you have the correct version installed, and those bugs are just part of the software

that would be unfortunate......

3. rijowysock thread starter macrumors member

if this is a later build.. it will not auto update... because it looks for newest and todays would be newer..

thats what im asking, that if todays build is a later "abondoned" build.. how can we get the official 2.0? do we have to downgrade to 1.1.4 and if so, how.. can i just do the option and click update and somehow have an ipsw file of 1.1.4? and then click update and get 2.0

4. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

Just wait til the real 2.0 hits and then restore.

5. rijowysock thread starter macrumors member

hope it will be that easy, but i doubt since it just see's 2.0 and will think its the same..

i was thinking the easiest way would be to somehow be able to do the option+click on the upgrade and click a directory containing 1.1.4 and then upgrade as usual... where could i get 1.1.4 tho?

6. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

i tried just restoring and it was a no go... hopefully there will be some difference in the official release. if not, 2.0.1 will probably be out soon, seeing as the 2.0 has been jailbroken already.

7. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

does not work:(

8. sdd4 macrumors member

well, couldn't you find the ipsw file and delete it, so then when you click restore, itunes would need to connect to the server to re-download the latest (and correct) firmware file?

9. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Option-click (shift-click on pc) restore in iTunes, and you can select which firmware file to restore from. By default it starts you in the folder where the iPhone firmware files are on your hard drive. (At least it does on my Mac) Just pick an older version and restore that one. Then you can check for updates as usual.
    However the version that will be released tomorrow will be the same as the one found today. I imagine 2.0.1 will be along within the next couple weeks.

10. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

no good tried that you get an error

11. rijowysock thread starter macrumors member

i found 1.1.4 http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/32939

im guessing i can option click the restore and then select the 1.1.4 and then just click "update"

im going to wait and check tomorrow.. to see if itl even update without doing it

12. rijowysock thread starter macrumors member

btw it doesnt connect. just says error..

i think downgrading with option click and then upgrading will be what will have to be done, im going to wait and see.. if so i linked 1.1.4 above..

13. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

dl'd, will wait til tomorrow and see if i need it.

14. rijowysock thread starter macrumors member

just tried it.. get an error.. cannot downgrade to 1.1.4 this way,

how would one downgrade to 1.1.4 then?

15. rijowysock thread starter macrumors member

going back to unofficial 2.0 now..

maybe i can "downgrade" to official 2.0... but where would i get the file?

16. illitrate23 macrumors 6502

illitrate23

the firmware you've installed is version 2.0 (build 5A347)
    if when they finally officially release version 2.0 there is a difference/improvements between that and the one you've got, then it'll have a higher build number. and iTunes will therefore know that your one needs updating

17. sikuss macrumors member

sikuss

If you restore the phone instead of updating, it should look for the proper 2.0 version in the aforementioned folder where iTunes stores the various firmwares. When it doesn't see the proper 2.0 firmware version, it should download the official 2.0 version and install it, no?

18. rijowysock thread starter macrumors member

the official 2.0 is 5A345 which is a pre build to the 5A347 we have, so this is why im saying it might not

19. rijowysock thread starter macrumors member

u click restore.. it says ERROR.. doesnt ask to download from site :-/

20. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

so i tried the 1.1.4 fw. and it didnt work as reported a few people up. however, my phone did get stuck in restore mode. kinda paniced a little, then i tried to intall 1.1.4 that way. no go at that station, but, still stuck in restore mode. paniced a little again, then remembered i still had the 2.0 and all is fine... its restoring as we speak. but i do agree, if the new fw has an update, it should be noticable by itunes.

21. rijowysock thread starter macrumors member

did the same, my damn remote app still doesnt pop up as new device when i get to the "pin" page..

anyone else have this problem?

go to remote.. click new lib and pin comes up but u have nowhere to put it.. friends tell me theres comes up as new device

22. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

23. rijowysock thread starter macrumors member

4x already... never comes up as device..

friend said, dock it... open the app.. and then when u click add lib and the pin comes up he gets another device showing up.. i get nothing.. i tried on edge and wifi.. idk why i get nothing.. am i doing something wrong? or maybe a setting i need to change?