Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helloimD4NNY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
So I was reading on http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5885 and it said
For those with a new iPhone 3GS (updated Bootrom), BlackRa1n only supports a tethered jailbreak. This means that once jailbroken you should not let your battery die. If it does die you will need to reconnect it to the computer and use BlackRa1n to boot it.
Does that mean that Im going to need a computer every single time i turn my phone off and back on?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Does that mean that Im going to need a computer every single time i turn my phone off and back on?

Yes. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to NOT turn off your iPhone. Just watch your battery level, and don't install anything new while you are not within range of a computer. I've managed to go for weeks without my iPhone turning off.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Yes. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to NOT turn off your iPhone. Just watch your battery level, and don't install anything new while you are not within range of a computer. I've managed to go for weeks without my iPhone turning off.

I can't manage a few days without my phone losing signal for whatever reason. Apple can't help me since my phone isn't covered by warranty.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
If you have a ti84(or 83) calculator around and your iphone usb cord you could always boot it up with that if you ever need to reboot.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
If you have a ti84(or 83) calculator around and your iphone usb cord you could always boot it up with that if you ever need to reboot.

And how would you run blackra1n to inject the code necessary for it to boot up? AFAIK TI calcs cannot run exe files :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.