If you are a guy over the age of 14, and you ordered the 38mm, you made a mistake.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by benguild, Apr 10, 2015.

1. benguild, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

benguild macrumors 6502a

EDIT: Added more photos where the strap is actually tightened. The bands in store are the largest possible size to allow trying on and can overlap the screen.

---------------------------------------

38mm is sooooooo small. I have small wrists, and just tried the 42mm watch on here in Japan earlier tonight. See attached.

You should cancel your order and place a new one for the 42mm, shown below. Even though it looks "huge" in the photo, the other one looks puny in person.

Attached Files:

2. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

You may say the 38mm is puny but that is clearly too big for your wrist. The strap hangs off the edge of your arm.....

3. leenak macrumors 68020

You guys act like people have never tried watches on before... That watch makes you look like you stole your dad's watch.

4. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

That looks way to big for me. It dominates your wrist. But then again, it could just be the way it's come out in the photo.

----------

This.

Especially at the bottom.

5. dilap macrumors 6502a

Im 13, so 38mm is good. However age may not play a factor, you may just have big/wrists. I think the question is not "Is the screen too small?", but "Does the band fit properly?"

6. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Seriously. The photo is making exactly the opposite argument.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

/thread.

8. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

9. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

^ This

These post are getting old real fast.

10. AaronChicago macrumors member

I think he's being sarcastic. At least I hope so.

11. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

If you are a guy over the age of 14, and you ordered the 38mm, you made a mis...

If the 38mm was placed where the 42mm is it wouldn't look too bad if you ask me.

12. benguild thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually the band was too big and is therefore loose. The ones in the store have the largest available bands and can make the watch look oversized when placed on a small wrist, but they are not. More pictures below, I'm telling you the truth.

The 38mm looked like a little square in the middle of my wrist. The fact that it was smaller than my wrist made it look even smaller.

The 42mm fit perfectly. Here are some more pictures for the doubtful.

Attached Files:

13. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

^^ That looks far too big IMO

I hate big watches and all these photos just make me glad I ordered the 38mm one :)

14. dilap macrumors 6502a

However, the small watch is been placed further up the arm, making it look smaller

15. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

You should take pictures further away from your arm and not angled.

16. TechnicallyTee macrumors demi-god

TechnicallyTee

Seriously people please get over it. Yeah we know 38mm is small and if you know watches we all know it small. For some people that works fine and they don't want a big watch on their wrists. Crazy how this forum site keeps calling the 38mm a girl size. By all means if you think ordering the 42mm is going to make you more of a man then by all means go for it...sheesh.

17. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

what is your wrist size? I still think it looks too big for you.

18. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

I can only assume it looked very different in real life...

19. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

20. leenak macrumors 68020

I mean I know a lot of people reminisce about the calculator watches of the 80s but I went and looked those up and apparently they are approximately 33mm. If you want to keep telling yourself that the 38mm is small, go right ahead. The 42mm looks like you strapped a phone to your wrist.

21. benguild thread starter macrumors 6502a

For the naïve that posted earlier in the thread, please see the additional posts where the watch band is fastened tightly. Thanks. Just trying to let you know so that you won't be disappointed.

----------

You guys need to go try it on in person.

22. leenak macrumors 68020

It still looks too big for you. But whatever makes you happy.

23. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I read it several times and still can't figure out whether it's carefully constructed sarcasm or just a genuine muddle.

24. tagy macrumors regular

Thanks for the pics, but that looks too big on your wrist to me.

25. MojoRisinSD macrumors regular

I find it amazing that so many people jump all over the OP for the 38mm looking huge, when he specifically said that the photos make it falsely appear that way (which is due to perspective issues with cameras at that distance). They then ignore the OPs, and many others, real life experiance with the actual watch who all have said the 38mm is too small.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again... alot of people are going to be dissapointed with their choice of the 38mm on the 24th. Not me though, and obviously not the OP.