If you are camping outside Apple store can you still connect to their WiFi at night?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap3604, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Does the Apple store keep their WiFi up and running even at night?

Are you able to connect to it without a password?

Lets me know if I should bring my laptop for entertainment.

Thanks for your help :)

2. pandalover826 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yea they have wifi up, and im a couple hundred ft away from the store and i still get signal. Idk if its the same everywhere but u should get a wifi signal

3. mkaen macrumors regular

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

How about posting a picture or pictures of you people camping outside the store so we all can share the experience. :)

5. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Went to the Victoria Gardens Apple store, there was a lot of construction on the street in front of the store. Then a security guard came up and said "I know your here for the iPhone but I have strict orders that nobody can be here on this private property until 7am"

Lame :(

So I am here at an Att store with NOBODY here (besides the security guard inside). I'd rather buy from the Apple store since they don't have a $35 restocking fee... but there is little chance that I would return the iPhone 4s anyways so I'd rather be #1 in line at a store that rewards me for coming early ;)

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Dude, I was at Victoria Gardens earlier and there was a line. Apparently they were working out some thing where they would take turns out of line to prevent getting kicked out. Which AT&T store are you at?

7. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

11144 Foothill Blvd

I am the only one here so far... feel pretty lame about it as I've heard the horror stories about getting an iPhone on launch day in person and thought there was going to be an epic line so I got here at 2:30 and I probably look like a moron to the security guard :p

Attached Files:

8. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I'm a little over thirty miles away, I pre-ordered but I'm debating whether I should come keep you company or not. It would be a much easier decision if I wasn't going to see the Foo Fighters tonight.

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

WOW, nice images even though we know you will be taking better before the day is out! It wilol be worth the wait when you walk out fo the store with your prize today!

10. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

No worries if you can't brotha... Foo Fighters is totally understandable :)

Least I got my computer to chat with you guys for 6 hours... would of probably been doing this anyways from home if I wasn't here getting a 4s ;)

LoL I know right?

Got an HP Veer atm (don't laugh! I got it for $50 brand new AND contract free from HP during the blowout) so the camera blows. Can't wait to have a dedicated point and shoot with the 4s soon :)