Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Siri just popped up on my iPad 3 to ask if I would be replacing her :D I told her no, I primarily read books, pdf's & magazines, watch tons of movies, surf the web & blog. I'm still happy with my device, what about you?

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
mine is fine. all of these whiners are just mad because they don't have the newest device any more.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Siri just popped up on my iPad 3 to ask if I would be replacing her :D I told her no, I primarily read books, pdf's & magazines, watch tons of movies, surf the web & blog. I'm still happy with my device, what about you?

It feels slow compared to my iPhone 5, and the screen is extremely pink, but I still love the screen size.

davey1107

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2011
Yep

If I got bummed every time one of my tech devices was updated, I'd need to be on medication.

I've had and worked with all three iPads. The gen 3 is my favorite...the display is just fantastic. There are zero drawbacks over gen 1 and 2 for me. I can't even think of a reason to upgrade. Usually my company "skips" every other generation before selling and upgrading. I'll probably stick to this, looking to upgrade to an iPad 5.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom

There's nothing to upgrade to unless you want to sit all day trying to see if there's a difference in speed in Safari or if Siri will respond quicker.

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
I love it and have not even received it. Got a free smart cover case out of it, $334 + tax for ipad 3 refurb 16gb in black. HOW COULD I SAY NO TO THAT and add a free smart case on top with 5% cashback on the whole purchase. Yeah i am still happy.....

Attachments

• hawt pad.jpg
    hawt pad.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I love it and have not even received it. Got a free smart cover case out of it, $334 + tax for ipad 3 refurb 16gb in black. HOW COULD I SAY NO TO THAT and add a free smart case on top with 5% cashback on the whole purchase. Yeah i am still happy.....

How did you get the $45 off?

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
I am still happy with my iPad 1. Still works great, though not for the latest games. Need to be patient sometimes. I will probably use it for another year.

leukotriene

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
I honestly feel that some people on this forum are suffering from a mild form of displaced rage about some other aspect of their life, and are taking it out on Apple. It's completely baffling and comical to me that someone can be angry about something that doesn't even affect them in any way.

My iPad 3rd gen 64GB 4G does the same stuff today that it did yesterday.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011

You wouldn't happen to be a slick deals member would you? :D

gcrr

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
I feel conflicted. I'm happy with what I have but still feel hurt that my 3-month-old device is being discontinued.

crghwkns

macrumors member
May 31, 2011
I'm writing this comment like a pleb on my obsolete iPad 3. The retina screen doesn't seem so sharp when viewed through tears.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
I'm very happy with my ipad 3... I got it two months ago and it's the best thing I have when visiting my clients.

----------

I'm writing this comment like a pleb on my obsolete iPad 3. The retina screen doesn't seem so sharp when viewed through tears.

Hahahahaha... that was funny!.. :D

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Launch day iPad 3 user - no interest in the iPad 4. I mean, it's great 'n all, but I'm not putting my iPad 3 up on eBay or crying myself to sleep tonight.

Now, the iPad mini... Yes, please.

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
Love my iPad 3, bit slow compared to my iPhone 5 but does the job.

Thinking of upgrading to the 5th generation iPad when it releases - like the new design of the iPad mini (speculation)

But right now, it's perfectly good.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
4th generation iPad was really a let down. They updated Processor.... to A6X + Face time HD.

Phil talked about it less than 2-3 minutes.

Apple clearly wanted people to get away from old dock. That's why they updated this iPad....
They also do not want iPhone to overpower iPads...

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I am still happy with my iPad 3...

...but would be much happier with iPad 4 having paid the same price!

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i will keep my iPad 3 with iOS 5.1.1 and jailbreak, with the 30-pin dock

i like google maps, i like the ipad youtube app, i like the jailbreak with BTC Mouse, i like $0.99 cables, the list goes on. my iPad (exchanged 2 before i got a perfect one) has a perfect screen, doesn't overheat, and actually doesn't seem to take that much longer to charge. i guess i wouldn't notice. i use it so much throughout the day that i just plug it in before i go to sleep and wake up and it's at 100% and ready to go.

i think the A5X sucks (my iPad 2 was actually snappier), but let's face it...there will be no benefit from the Lightening port for at least another year. by that time, the iPad 5 will be out and i will just buy that which will have an A7X or something.

as far as resale value is concerned...while i will be taking a hit because i don't have the A6X, i can see the 30-pin connector carrying a hidden value to potential buyers due to a decade long accumulation of 30-pin accessories and cables.

i was all gung-ho in several threads about this topic of the iPad 3 vs the 4th Gen iPad just announced...but having thought about it for a bit i think i will keep what i have despite being within the unofficial 30 day return period

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.