If you backup a jailbroke 2.2 in itunes are your hacked apps backup too?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by snook911, Dec 10, 2008.

1. snook911 macrumors 6502a

In other words I have a jailbroke 2.2 3G. If I backup in itunes while its jailbroke then go do a restore. Then I re jailbreak and restore from the jailbroke backup will everything come back. Also does anyone know if there is a way to get cycorder videos off the iphone without having to SSH.

Thanks

2. Surely Guest

Surely

No. You need to get AptBackup from Cydia for that.

You have to SSH for Cycorder videos.

3. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

That would have been nice to know last week.... :)

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Correct, although I'd like to note that AptBackup doesn't actually back anything up. It just keeps a record of what was installed and puts in a file that's backed up with the normal iTunes backup process. Once you restore and rejailbreak, running AptBackup and selecting Restore will redownload all your apps. I can vouch for this as it worked perfectly on mine. It even restored my themes exactly as they were before I upgraded to 2.2! :)

5. ehurdler macrumors member

You could actually use a program called DiskAid to get into the iPhone and get the videos off. No need to use SSH, you can navigate through all the folders and copy anything to your local machine that way.

6. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

does anyone know where cycorder videos would be on my iphone?

7. deadsouls macrumors regular

can you not read the instructions for cycorder???

8. scoobs031 macrumors newbie

If you don't know the answer don't post. You are not being helpful at all.

9. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

Just wondering if I use ssh where my cycorder videos would be? Like what folder would my cycorder videos be in? I wanted to copy them to my computer.

10. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

11. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I think you are doing it wrong then, worked fine for me when I upgraded to 2.2 from 2.1 :)

I think the key is actually restoring your backup even tho most Hot-To guides for jailbreaking say to never restore your iPhone backup. I have always restored my backups and have not had any issues. :)

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

"RTFM" is a very common response in real life, as well. Get used to it.

13. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

I did that-read the thread-a bunch of us have done it in the order prescribed with no effect. Details at that thread, I don't want to repeat here.

But read it, please, and if I did something wrong, PLEASE tell me! I SO MUCH WANT TO LIKE APTBACKUP-but right now I have nothing good to day about it. :(

14. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I did read it. It seems everyone is skewed. :)

I tried once and it didn't work, but I realized that I did not follow the process appropriately. I tried again when I upgraded to 2.2 and made sure I backed up (via sync with iTunes), then I restored the pwned firmware from Pwnage. I then restored my iPhone from a previous backup. Once my phone was "back", I downloaded AptBackup, hit restore and waited a few minutes. After that, my themes and apps were all back to teh way they were. :)

15. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Yep that is what I did when going to 2.0.2, 2.1, and 2.2-and all aptbackup would tell me is "you must first back-up before restoring" or something like that.

16. brando88 macrumors 6502

Hate to break it to you, but you're wrong :p. AptBackup is for packages installed with apt (cmdline or Cydia, hence "Apt"Backup).

AppBackup is for AppStore apps (those residing in /var/mobile/Applications).

ps - using cracked AppStore apps is bad, mmkay.