If you bought a 3G, May 9th is cutoff to exchange 3G for 3GS - BUT, you MUST PREORDER

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmpstudio, Jun 11, 2009.

1. rmpstudio macrumors member

I recently (May 11th) bought a 3G and was obviously upset when they announced the 3GS. But luckily for me, AT&T is offering an exchange for owners who purchased their phone after May 9th. All they have to do is PRE-ORDER the phone before the 19th (which I was told is the only way they can get the phone for the exchange) and must make the exchange before June 23rd.

So, today i pre-ordered the 3GS 16GB and on June 19th i will exchange my 3G and they will refund me the $199 i originally paid on May 11th.

Just an FYI for those in a similar situation. And for those who bought a 3G on May 8th,... i'd be pisssed :mad:

2. thekills macrumors member

They will refund you $179. 10% restocking fee will be charged.

3. rmpstudio thread starter macrumors member

Well... sorta...

I've opted for the "restocking fee"

The att salesperson said that if i return it with the charger, headphones, and box then there is no restocking fee. Otherwise there is a $20 fee.

He said if i wanted to keep those things and just turn in the box and pay the $20 restocking fee, i could do that too. That way i get an extra charger and headphones for basically $20 :)