If you bought the Hi-Res 15" 2010 MBP, did you get Glossy or Anti-Glare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BrianMR, Apr 24, 2010.

?

If you ordered the 15" Hi-Res, which screen did you get?

Poll closed May 24, 2010.
  1. I bought the 15" Hi-Res Glossy

97 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. I bought the 15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare

110 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. BrianMR macrumors regular

BrianMR

** Only for the 15" Hi-Res Please **

If you bought the Hi-Res 15" 2010 MBP, did you get Glossy or Anti-Glare? I am wondering about the parts shortages, and whether there is a possibility that more people are getting Anti-Glare than Glossy, or just what that ratio is.

I am asking just for the 15" Hi-Res to get down to a simple A|B choice.

There are far too many threads discussing which is better, so please just vote which model you actually ordered.

2. BrianMR thread starter macrumors regular

BrianMR

Looks more even then I might have first thought.

3. Leslie Tan macrumors member

Ordered a 15" Hi-Res Glossy cos I don't wanna regret it later for the aluminum bezel on the anti glare MBP since it is my first mac experience and laptop too. If it comes to worst, i can get the power support anti glare film to top it off.

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

5. stjohnswell macrumors newbie

Just picked up a 15" i7 HR AG. No HR glossies in the store.

6. Still macrumors member

7. MaryBoog macrumors newbie

Ordered the 15"HiRes glossy... hope I'm not going to regret it

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

You wont. I have used mine for a week and i have no regrets! The font is not too small which was one of my concerns. After a few days of use, I am happy with my decison.

9. devils punchbow macrumors member

No glass. No reflection. Pretty simple. Pro anti glare. I laugh each time I see someone with glass. I wonder why they spend so much money to look through a window to see the screen. Makes no sense.

10. sh0vel macrumors member

sh0vel

Got the 15" High Res Anti-glare, got tired of the glossy on my 13". Glossy is too distracting for me.

11. anarchron macrumors member

With all things being equal, I would have gone with the glossy HR. Unfortunately, with the ridiculous wait time for the CTO and my need of a new laptop ASAP, I decided to get the anti-glare.

12. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Anyone think they'll make the hi-res standard on the 15" in the next 1 or 2 MBP updates? I guess it depends on how well they sell.

13. gatorfan787 macrumors newbie

I got the HR glossy and the display is incredible! I have an original core duo MBP with an anti-glare 1440x900 display and it just looks silly now, all the windows are so big! I was a little scared the glossy would lead to many reflections but I use it mostly indoors at school and home and the glare is not even noticeable even in the bright fluorescent lights.

14. tim100 macrumors 65816

making a high res standard depends on how well it sells

it is my understanding re 15 inch you can only get anti glare high res in store and have to order the high res gloss. most people are going to buy glossy and not want to order it.

15. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

I love the glossy screen, technically and aesthetically. Always have - always will.

16. Sequin macrumors regular

I'm getting glossy because I love the pretty shiny look and I like to be able to fix my hair using my computer screen LOL.

17. Nexcin macrumors member

Im a photographer and I still can't decide. I've had glossy MBP's in the past and no problems, but now with the new option on 15", I can't decide.

I'll be going to Copenhagen this weekend and visit an Apple store, so I'll decide when can see both displays side by side. :confused:

18. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

And no need for a rear view mirror - you can see what's coming up behind you with the glossy. :cool:

19. iPunk macrumors member

20. bananaboi macrumors member

I went to the apple store today to compare them and the glossy had the craziest amount of reflections.. They had the antiglare only on the i7 for $2349 so I just cto-ed it on one of their Mbps lol. I didn't realize how bad the glossy was.. It's almost impossible to see everything on the screen without seeing your reflection. When I asked whether it was just the lighting of the store, the employee told me that he's personally a fan of the matte screens and to stay away from glossy if I intend to look at the screen for long periods.

21. sashakla macrumors member

Of course it's all highly subjective. But here is my experience, anyway. My previous machine - late 2006 non-unibody MBP.
    I ordered the HR glossy on the first day they came out because I loved the look and feel of the black frame and the solid glass surface with no seams. Aesthetics are just amazingly beautiful. Spent two or three days with it, after it arrived. Gorgeous screen with amazing colors and great sharpness. But the reflections were just too disturbing. I found myself constantly fighting for a better angle so I could avoid the glare. Finally, I gave up and took it to the local Apple store, and the manager was nice enough to void the restocking fee and just swap it for the same model with AG screen (or course, I paid the $50 diff).
    Not only I LOVE the AG screen - it's not dull at all, the brightness is simply astonishing. But I also happen to think that the silver frame looks more professional, making the laptop look more like a hi-tech treasure than a toy.
    To each it's own :)

22. Stankonia macrumors regular

I ordered glossy because I prefer the way it looks. My previous laptop is glossy also and I've never had a problem with glare, so I am hoping the glossiness of my new MBP will be similar to the Dell it is replacing

23. boostmiser macrumors member

I have a glossy netbook and I'm always complaining about the reflections. I received my high-res anti-glare yesterday and love it...no looking back. Picture is professional, crisp and clear.

24. bigjobby macrumors 65816

Got the glossy coz I like admiring the glass and I love whole black and bling thing about it. I don't give much for the laptop, OSX or anything else as long as the laptop looks sexy.

Just kidding. I'm still waiting on my hi-res matte BTO to arrive.

25. JTToft macrumors 68040

- I am afraid you are going to get very dissapointed. There are no Apple Stores in Copenhagen. In fact, none in Denmark at all. I live in Denmark and have the exact same problem. I can't get to see the AG screen in real life because we have no Apple Stores.. We only have certified resellers, which, to my knowledge, does not carry the AG screens.

See http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/