if you buy an iphone through bestbuy can you still take it to the apple store..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davelanger, Oct 7, 2011.

1. davelanger macrumors 6502a

if you buy an iphone through bestbuy can you still take it to the apple store if there are issues? Does that fall under applecare or do you need to take it back to best buy and let them deal with any issues?

2. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

3. davelanger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, do you think its better off getting it from apple or does it not really matter?

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I am no fan of BestBuy, they kinda rank with Radio Shack but I guess they are better than a phobe Kiosk at your local mall.

BestBuy has been known to be difficutl when it come to returns. I know AT&T and Apple are more reputable.

Good luck!

5. davelanger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok thanks, then the apple store it is

6. 2010RS macrumors 6502

7. bigkito macrumors regular

I get black tie protection at best buy. thats why i like to buy my phone from there. it's 15.99 a month but they will give you a 2 day rapid exchange for any accidental damage, provide you a loaner, and never charge a deductible. way more worth it then any insurance apple or att offer

8. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I bought my 2011 Mac Book Pro at Best Buy and have no problems with support at the apple store. It is still under Apple warranty as long as you purchase through an authorized Apple retailer.

----------

AT&T has the same thing but for $9.99 per month. I know because they offered it to me today.