If you buy an iPhone today, what firmware will it have on it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AlBDamned, Oct 4, 2007.

1. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Are they still shipping with 1.0 firmware on, or are they shipping with the new, nasty 1.1 version?

A friend may be able to get one for me while over there, but I'm not sure how long the new firmware will take to crack...

2. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Hopefully someone will be able to answer this for you, but the Loaner I just got from AppleCare is a 1.1.1 firmware updated iPhone.

3. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Booo. I wonder how long it will be before it's cracked again...

4. The General macrumors 601

5. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Even if that's the firmware it shipped with? You can't do that with Macs...?

6. divabimbers macrumors member

Seems to be the luck of the draw at this point but I'm sure a month later, people won't be as lucky to find one with the 1.0.2 firmware. I bought mine today and got it with the 1.0.2 firmware. Although there are some things I'd like in 1.1.1, like the double tapping spacebar and iTunes, I'm glad this will give me a chance to try out some third party apps.

7. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Do we reckon it's worth a shot? I'd be saving $275 compared to buying a pre-unlocked one here (it's AU$475 vs AU$750 on Ebay Oz).

8. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Not sure if you can read this thread but its "Post Serial ID and FW" for iPhones currently being purchased from local Apple Stores as well as the online store.

I looked at my online invoice and the serial stated I had a week 38 so I feel that I'm in luck but will confirm once I get it today.

9. Takufu macrumors newbie

Just exchanged one yesterday and got the 1.1.0.2

I just exchanged my phone yesterday because of a battery issue...got one without the update on it....it was great!!!!....they seem to have a few at the Apple store I went to....:)